Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
flying down the road trying to loosen my load.
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
scoutpingleerror.jpg
I am installing the Pingle Shifter - one problem I have run into is the footpeg location needs to be STOCK!
This will actually help me since my knees were a little close to my belly :}

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
I wanted more leg room so I went with the extend reach seat instead of the pegs, maybe that could be an option? I have been looking at that shifter as well. Please post your review once you get it working. I think it comes with all the electronics needed for the kill between shifts too, correct? I am wanting it for the performance aspect of up shifting.

·
Rider
713 Posts
I wanted more leg room so I went with the extend reach seat instead of the pegs, maybe that could be an option? I have been looking at that shifter as well. Please post your review once you get it working. I think it comes with all the electronics needed for the kill between shifts too, correct? I am wanting it for the performance aspect of up shifting.
Yea same here. I’m always into the performance aspect of anything... lol man $1,500 tho...
I guess I’ll just have to add it to the list for next tax season cuz this ones perty much spent and I haven’t even got it lol.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Had one on my drag bike, worked great but needed recharged after a couple of rounds. Maybe the newer ones have compressors inside or are electric. Pingel makes quality stuff, bought my wheelie bars and petcock from him also!

·
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Had one on my drag bike, worked great but needed recharged after a couple of rounds. Maybe the newer ones have compressors inside or are electric. Pingel makes quality stuff, bought my wheelie bars and petcock from him also!
the road bike versions are all electric - mucho more reliable than the air systems that just took you down the drag strip. My goal is to create an almost automatic trans. Meaning use the clutch as little as possible. I combined the pingle with the Rekluse EXP autoclutch so I can sit at lights and or stop and go traffic and never touch the clutch to take off. My left arm is loving the rest! I also love screwing with folks heads, I was at the HD dealership yesterday and I was showing some newbees my "automatic" trans HD and they were lapping it up - ha - wonder how long before they start shopping for "their" automatic HD.

·
Rider
879 Posts
^^^ My Youngest is the youngest guy at the H-D dealership... won't fool him tho... he has an air only that works to Perfection... remember.. if it ain't reliable why the hell would you put it on a Competition Bike??? We Test on street bikes so we don't have to put it on the trailer should it fail!!!!

·
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^^^ My Youngest is the youngest guy at the H-D dealership... won't fool him tho... he has an air only that works to Perfection... remember.. if it ain't reliable why the hell would you put it on a Competition Bike??? We Test on street bikes so we don't have to put it on the trailer should it fail!!!!
I just brought my baby home with the Rekluse clutch and the Pingle electric shifter - clutch working great but I think something got knocked loose when they shoved the seat down (tight in there) anyway the pingle wont jingle..... ill be trying to figure it out today 3/11/18.

·
Rider
879 Posts
^^ Alot of Folks [whom should know better] tighten everything up to a Point the Shifter can't work Properly/reliably.. If it ain't just a Bit "sloppy" it will Not ever work as well... In my Experience... and Many at My Work!!!! I hope it is Not pressure adjustable too... many of those same misguided would increase the air Pressure until it sort of Worked... and that is Not a Good thing... Some More Experience I assure you...

·
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^^ Alot of Folks [whom should know better] tighten everything up to a Point the Shifter can't work Properly/reliably.. If it ain't just a Bit "sloppy" it will Not ever work as well... In my Experience... and Many at My Work!!!! I hope it is Not pressure adjustable too... many of those same misguided would increase the air Pressure until it sort of Worked... and that is Not a Good thing... Some More Experience I assure you...
@Racepres - I have the electric pingle - no air - anyway not even a click out of it - so I am guessing the unit has somehow lost power between the up and down shift buttons and the power source.

·
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Darnit!!!
What does Pingel say???
MY BAD ALL THE WAY - turns out you have to arm the thing by holding a shift button in for 5 seconds to turn it on. Once I did that I was Pingling my ass off! new word "Pingling".

LOVE IT - clutch free!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Do you seem to notice it when you try to ride normal by shifting with your foot? How difficult was setting up the kill times?

·
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Do you seem to notice it when you try to ride normal by shifting with your foot? How difficult was setting up the kill times?
I had my mechanics at my indian dealership do it... they may have to retard it slightly more.

·
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
you can go manual and no you do not notice but when going electric it feels odd when it pops the gear and your foot isn't doing anything.

·
Silver member
5,038 Posts
I find this topic interesting, but I can't understand it. I find the shifting at different RPMs part of the experience I love while riding. I assume you can't control when it shifts so in some situations I like to hit gears at 2800 rpm and other I like 3000, and sometimes I like to hit it at like 3600.

I would like to ride one equipped just to see what it is like!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts