Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the corrections to your manual should you wish to "change" your security PIN. Also, it doesn't really "change" your PIN, it just adds another one of your choice, so the factory PIN still works.....:confused: .... not sure I like that much.....

Attachments

Reactions: AriG

·
Registered
191 Posts
Thank you:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hmmm...yeah I noticed that a few months ago...my guess is in case the dealer needs to help you reset (if you forgot it)..they can pull it up from their-analyzer..(or if you forgot to bring your fob)I saw how it works..that's my least complaint about the computer system. I hating (now)..the brake /throttle interaction fault that's in it..was splitting lanes in heavy rain ..thru a twisty mtn road yesterday ...streets were super slick from lack of rain....throttle brake is essential ..have that annoying pause in the throttle when brake interaction is applied...dangerous ...they need this fixed...the good news is the leather seems to not be effected by a good soaking...although it's fading quickly ...

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have successfully entered my pin a few times and the horn doesn't sound but the bike starts up. Is the horn supposed to sound after entering the pin to start the bike?

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have successfully entered my pin a few times and the horn doesn't sound but the bike starts up. Is the horn supposed to sound after entering the pin to start the bike?

To answer my own question lol. No.

I successfully changed my pin. following the corrected procedures in this thread. Thx for posting.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I tried changing my PIN for 2 hours! No wonder it didn't work... I'll try this tomorrow afternoon and report back. Hope to get the same results as SeniorChieftain.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I tried to change my, but was also unsuccessful.. but i didnt have the factory code.

when i had my bike serviced, i had the technician give my the factory code from the bikes computer.

I did hear the factory code never is erased, but you are just adding your own pin number.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Birddoggie, I spent a good 45 minutes trying. Not quite as determined as you.. I guess I'll be calling dealer tomorrow to get factory code. This thread very helpful..

·
Registered
9 Posts
The day I took delivery of my bike the salesman said I would receive a welcome package soon and that would have a PIN included. I have had my Indian for four weeks now. i just received the care box last Wednesday but I still have no information on a PIN. How did you all receive your PIN? Was it in the care package or separate?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I took delivery in November. It was one of the first Indians they sold and I think they just forgot to give it to me or didn't know they needed to retrieve it for me. (I think all they have to do is give you the second code) I was just back at the dealer and got it now. To get the factory code they need to use "Digital Wrench", Polaris's proprietary software to look on the bike and retrieve the code.

Once you have it you can use it to add your own code. I am pretty sure you can then use either of these codes to give yourself a different one, but you will then lose the second code, but the machine always remembers it's factory code.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The day I took delivery of my bike the salesman said I would receive a welcome package soon and that would have a PIN included. I have had my Indian for four weeks now. i just received the care box last Wednesday but I still have no information on a PIN. How did you all receive your PIN? Was it in the care package or separate?
welcome package ? I never got a welcome box

·
Registered
76 Posts
Many thanks Fang!
my 1 week old key fob is not being recognized by my chieftain, this stranded me in Kansas on the way back from Wyoming to Texas yesterday
i didn't know my code either, luckily I was able to contact salesman at home (Sunday), and I had all the paperwork from purchase with me
its written on the yellow indian delivery paperwork that they gave me at purchase
i had to use a LONG series of turn signal activations to start at each fillup. ......but at least I got home!

hopefully they can work out this issue with key fob

·
Registered
55 Posts
I just got off the phone with my service department about this, look at your key, there should be a 4 digit number on it. This is apparently the factory PIN. @ 1600; Well I just tried the key number, no go.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
1,956 Posts
I wasted an hour trying to change my Vintage PIN,,,,, finally got the dealer to do it, and he never mentioned the handbook was wrong. What's wrong with these guys?

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
I didn't havea problem following the instructions in the book. I did realize one thing. I used a "0" in the code where you push the button straight in. So, if you put the first number in (going to the right), the second number is a "0" (pushing the switch in), The third number is going to be put in by going to the right again.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I wish I looked at this discussion before I spent an hour trying to change code. I finally gave up and used the factory master and the horn went and it worked. I even called Polaris and was told only tech support could help but we were not allowed to talk to them only my dealer...... But the last question I asked dealer he said he would call tech and get back to me....two weeks ago!

·
Registered
7 Posts
The PIN number should be on your copy of the predelivery sheet that they have you to sign at the time you pickup the bike. They will keep a copy and give you a copy for your records,if toy did not get a copy from your dealer then i would ask them for it.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
My paperwork included my pin

·
Registered
60 Posts
ok, alright, I GET the pin reset process, but what's the process for actually starting the bike if your key icon is lit up? I'm an idiot so please list it by steps: i.e.
1. press power button (for how long? Until what turns on or off or goes away on dash?)
2. Press turn signal switch in for 10 or 20 seconds (until what happens-horn honks??)
3. Enter either factory master pin or owner pin(l-r-l-r for your number)
4. THEN WHAT??? Bike just starts or do I have to hit the starter switch or WTF?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 48 Posts