Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

161 - 180 of 215 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,305 Posts
kind of... but I don't see any Jet trails or for some of you chem trails... or power lines... so you kinda got em beat there
LOL

Yeah, but at least Ford always made sure none of his actors were wearin' wristwatches before the cameras started rollin'.

(...well, except for that one time in Fort Apache when Ward Bond...hmmmm...or was that Victor McLaglen...) ;)

·
Rider
1,302 Posts

·
Rider
647 Posts
DF529A3C-454D-45DA-8FB0-561B85EDA1D7.jpeg

·
Rider
647 Posts
Which windshields do you have here and do you prefer one over the other?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The close bike has the blacked out Klockwerks windshield which is my bike. You can’t see a thing through it but I prefer the windshield set lower and always look over the top of the shield. The far bike is my wife’s bike. It has the Indian light tinted shield with the flip at the top. I can’t remember the exact height but I think they are both around 13.7 or so. I find when looking through the wife’s lightly tinted shield the curve in it due to the flip distorts your view. So far she has not complained about it so I guess she is mostly looking over the top also. I prefer the look of the Klockwerks blacked out shield but if you tend to look through the shield it won’t work. It is blacked out completely. I even bought black Darkhorse screws to go with it. As far as wind management both of them do just fine. I am 5’10” and she is about 5’7or 8”.

Reactions: Donnie Law

·
Registered
114 Posts
The close bike has the blacked out Klockwerks windshield which is my bike. You can’t see a thing through it but I prefer the windshield set lower and always look over the top of the shield. The far bike is my wife’s bike. It has the Indian light tinted shield with the flip at the top. I can’t remember the exact height but I think they are both around 13.7 or so. I find when looking through the wife’s lightly tinted shield the curve in it due to the flip distorts your view. So far she has not complained about it so I guess she is mostly looking over the top also. I prefer the look of the Klockwerks blacked out shield but if you tend to look through the shield it won’t work. It is blacked out completely. I even bought black Darkhorse screws to go with it. As far as wind management both of them do just fine. I am 5’10” and she is about 5’7or 8”.
Thanks for the info! Both look great but I think the black klock werks would really fit well with the black and chrome look on mine. I already ordered the black screws now I’m just deciding on 10” or 12”. Decisions, decisions

·
Rider
647 Posts
Thanks for the info! Both look great but I think the black klock werks would really fit well with the black and chrome look on mine. I already ordered the black screws now I’m just deciding on 10” or 12”. Decisions, decisions

I would go measure the exact height of my Klockwerks shield for you if I were home. But I am in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico on an oil platform at work right now. If I had to guess it is at least 12 inches. With these adjustable shields I believe the 12 inch would be able to go plenty low enough to look good and be able to see over. Especially if you are at leas 5’10” or more.

Reactions: Donnie Law
161 - 180 of 215 Posts