Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Asking for the community's assistance in locating pictures or information regarding the handlebar controls wiring. I'm looking to identify the wiring connectors that plug/attach from the handlebar to the bike harness (18' Bobber w/ABS).

There are 3 in total.
The left side has one 10 pin male connector and the right side has two; a 6 pin female, and a 6 pin male. They are all located slightly behind/above the headlight. Looking to identify wire color and associated pin location.

I recently had to extend my handlebar wiring and sadly continue to have throttle issues (Reversed). I have reworked the wiring in its entirety but still with no success. I hoping that this awesome Indian rider community may provide some much-needed backup.
The goal is to verify that I have correctly rewired my bike during the handlebar swap project. Looking for the wiring readout/image for the 3 connectors that go from handlebar controls to bike harness.

Thank you in advance for everyone's time and energy regarding this issue.
Ride Safe

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I received a reply from the Polaris representative "Owner Connections" department. The teams at Indian were able to provide a breakout wiring diagram that I requested for the '18 Bobber ABS. However, upon closer inspection, I found some confusing information. After reviewing the diagram provided by the Indian engineering team has created another issue. The breakout diagram provided by the team contradicts what is actually on the bike. The issue is when comparing the actual wire locations on the bike (right/throttle side 6-pin female connector of harness) is different than what is clearly stated on the wiring diagram. Basically, on the diagram labeled “ETC_GRIP” it provides wire colors with corresponding PIN numbers and slot locations (P1-Yellow/Green, P2-Yellow/Black, etc….). My bike is different. On my bike the P1-Yellow/Red, P3-Yellow/Green, P4-White/Red, and P6-White/Green. So the question is which do I go by? The pin numbering locations provided by Indian or do I go by what’s actually on the bike which is basically reversed from the diagram?

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts