Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Rider
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ride a 2015 Chieftain. Considering an extended reach seat. I am 6’4” and could use the extra “leg room”. I ride solo. If you would, please post pictures of your extended reach seat, mention the brand and model, and any comments you may have as to your happiness with the seat. If there is another thread with this topic, I apologize for not finding it. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Corbin will make you a custom seat. They are located in Hollister, CA and Daytona Beach, FL. I absolutely love my Corbin seat. I have tried Mustang before and found it to be almost as bad as the stock seat. Drive in, they will measure and make it right there, and you drive off. If you cannot visit one of their main locations, look for a bike event where they will show up there. If that still is not an option, they will make one and send it to, but I personally would not buy a seat that way.

My seat was moved back a little from stock. You would probably want to go a bit more that I did, as I am setup to carry a passenger.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm also 6'4", just got a new 2020 Chieftain and immediately wished I had more leg room. Wish I had known that an extended reach seat was an option, even from Indian. See, I bought the rider back rest and had it installed on the stock Rogue seat. The backrest plus its bracket cost about $545! And it can't be used with Indian's extended reach seat because the slot where the backrest goes through would no longer line up with the bracket underneath. It would be two inches farther back. So my choices are to pay more money for a new seat and lose the use of the backrest, or just grin and bear it. I blame myself but I blame the sales rep too. He should have noticed my height and suggested the alternate seat and also warned me the backrest wouldn't work with it. But he never said a word.

·
Premium Member
2019 Chieftain Base++++
687 Posts
Many 2018 and lower owners want the rogue seat, you should for sure be able to sell it. I sold the one off my 2019. The back rest can be used in seats other than the rogue so then there's that. I'm 6"1' and 245 pounds. I found the rogue comfortable but just a bit too narrow for my wide butt, on long rides it started to bother me. I have Ultimate seats tall boy. It only moves you back 1/2 inch from the rogue (the rogue sits back further than the old style seat). But that 1/2 plus the inch higher and 3 inches wider works for me. The good thing with Ultimate is the trial period, I forget how long it is (14 days maybe) but you can send it back if you don't like it.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'm waiting on an Ultimate Seats "Tallboy", but in the interim, let me suggest Billetproof floorboard extenders. This moves boards down 1 inch and forward 1 inch (approx. on both) and improves things immensely (Billetproof bought out Aeromach). Check out Aeromach on this site.

·
Rider
1,423 Posts
Corbin will make you a custom seat. They are located in Hollister, CA and Daytona Beach, FL. I absolutely love my Corbin seat. I have tried Mustang before and found it to be almost as bad as the stock seat. Drive in, they will measure and make it right there, and you drive off. If you cannot visit one of their main locations, look for a bike event where they will show up there. If that still is not an option, they will make one and send it to, but I personally would not buy a seat that way.

My seat was moved back a little from stock. You would probably want to go a bit more that I did, as I am setup to carry a passenger.
View attachment 603268
👍

·
Rider
1,423 Posts
Many 2018 and lower owners want the rogue seat, you should for sure be able to sell it. I sold the one off my 2019. The back rest can be used in seats other than the rogue so then there's that. I'm 6"1' and 245 pounds. I found the rogue comfortable but just a bit too narrow for my wide butt, on long rides it started to bother me. I have Ultimate seats tall boy. It only moves you back 1/2 inch from the rogue (the rogue sits back further than the old style seat). But that 1/2 plus the inch higher and 3 inches wider works for me. The good thing with Ultimate is the trial period, I forget how long it is (14 days maybe) but you can send it back if you don't like it.
View attachment 603381
👍

·
Rider
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm waiting on an Ultimate Seats "Tallboy", but in the interim, let me suggest Billetproof floorboard extenders. This moves boards down 1 inch and forward 1 inch (approx. on both) and improves things immensely (Billetproof bought out Aeromach). Check out Aeromach on this site.
Yep. Have the Aeromach floorboard lowering kit on my Chieftain. And you are correct - it helps a lot. But I could still use some more room.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Wanted everyone to know that I did eventually buy and install the Indian heated extended reach seat. Found one on ebay for $650. Had only 100 miles of riding on it. The big news is that I did get my Indian backrest to work with it, too! I found a thread that talked about a hack where you can shim the backrest bracket so that it tilts back a little. That little bit of tilt is what allows the backrest post to slide through the slot in the seat and into the bracket. Of course the backrest post can't go down in as far as it would with the stock seat, but it does work. And the Indian seat is great. Not only am I further back from the handle bars, I now ride about 2" higher. So with more wind hitting me in the face I also replaced the short stock windshield with a taller one with a curved lip. It's all good now. Very happy.

·
Rider
2019 Indian Chieftain DH In Black Smoke
1,366 Posts
I ride a 2015 Chieftain. Considering an extended reach seat. I am 6’4” and could use the extra “leg room”. I ride solo. If you would, please post pictures of your extended reach seat, mention the brand and model, and any comments you may have as to your happiness with the seat. If there is another thread with this topic, I apologize for not finding it. Thanks in advance!

View attachment 603268
I started out with extended reach Rouge but ended up with a Corbin Tour
The Corbin is really wide in the Butt.
Originally the Corbin was about 2 inches back but we deleted the backrest for front snd it set me back about 3 1/2 inches
Vehicle Tire Motorcycle accessories Automotive tire Bicycle saddle

1 - 13 of 13 Posts