Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone mounted the Bluetooth speakers on an Indian Chief Vintage? Interested in thoughts, reviews and especially pictures. I will be stopping by the dealer tomorrow to make the final decision on whether or not to get them. I will be getting the handlebar bag as well.

Lee

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have a Thunder Black Vintage and got the Speakers and the handlebar bag, I think thy look real nice and they work very good. Bluetooth connection works fine, Just know that the speakers are hooked up to your battery direct, so you have to turn them on and off when you use them and they will need to be reconnected to Bluetooth when turned back on, A little bit of a pain, but it works pretty well. I just connect with my Samsung Note II smartphone and start the music I want and put my phone in my handlebar bag, works great. Now I have a very large collection of mp3 music, once in a while i run across some songs that aren't loud enough, so now when I add music to my phone I just bring the music into my audio editor and kick up the volume a few notches, with out distorting it. Overall I'm happy with it. It comes with a cord that alows you to hook up multiple devices into one cord. I don't use it.

I don't listen to music around town too much, I like to concentrate on my ride more. When I'm on the I-Slab or low traffic road I'll play some music.

Also, You want to consider that you might want to provide more of a external mount that allows you to change music on your device that your going to use. My player will play a full CD at a time, and that's plenty for me.

Dash.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
Wonder if anyone has put them on their engine guards?
I don't think that would work very well, too far away for the volume, if you have to push the volume too the max, then you'll get distorted sound, plus you'll be exposing them more to the weather, and bugs, NAAAaa.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went ahead and bit the bullet and had them installed. They work really nice with the windshield on. Once you get to 75 MPH, it does kind of get hard to hear, but I knew that was going to be a problem. I'll have to post some pics after I get the bike cleaned up after my 944 mile 2 day trip.

·
Registered
151 Posts
While in Daytona a couple of years back I had the Kuryakyn's installed on my 99 Fatboy. No windshield. Couldn't hear them at all over 40 MPH. probably would of worked better with a windshield.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I got them on my Vintage when I bought it. Traded in my HD Ultra Classic. Very few things I miss from my HD relative to the Indian - but the speakers - sound are one. These are "ok" - don't think worth that kind of money though. Granted the HD Ultra had a fearing on it - and the volume in the grips - which made it very easy to control with speed up and down. The Indian has the volume control on the speaker it self. On mine it is on the right one - but I guess you could mount them on either side. So constantly reaching over to adjust it based on my speed/noise. I do have a W/S on it always.

Over 40 MPH can barely hear them - could do 70 on the HD and they were loud and clear. Also mine were on the bike as I bought the dealer demo - fully loaded. Not sure if it is the way the wired it or what - but they do not cut off with turning the bike off. You have to make sure they are "off" even when the bike is off or will drain the battery. Indian could do a better job on these in my estimation - especially for that kind of money. I have noticed Indian is just as bad and then some as HD for cost of accessories. I looked at the Indian "highway pegs" and really just did not like them (except as one reviewer said - they have the Indian logo on them and you pay a lot for that" - but ended up buying the Kuryakan ones for about 1/2 the price and like them a lot better. All is all though - I love this bike - and get a ton of compliments on it everywhere I g

·
Registered
554 Posts
I got them on my Vintage when I bought it. Traded in my HD Ultra Classic. Very few things I miss from my HD relative to the Indian - but the speakers - sound are one. These are "ok" - don't think worth that kind of money though. Granted the HD Ultra had a fearing on it - and the volume in the grips - which made it very easy to control with speed up and down. The Indian has the volume control on the speaker it self. On mine it is on the right one - but I guess you could mount them on either side. So constantly reaching over to adjust it based on my speed/noise. I do have a W/S on it always.

Over 40 MPH can barely hear them - could do 70 on the HD and they were loud and clear. Also mine were on the bike as I bought the dealer demo - fully loaded. Not sure if it is the way the wired it or what - but they do not cut off with turning the bike off. You have to make sure they are "off" even when the bike is off or will drain the battery. Indian could do a better job on these in my estimation - especially for that kind of money. I have noticed Indian is just as bad and then some as HD for cost of accessories. I looked at the Indian "highway pegs" and really just did not like them (except as one reviewer said - they have the Indian logo on them and you pay a lot for that" - but ended up buying the Kuryakan ones for about 1/2 the price and like them a lot better. All is all though - I love this bike - and get a ton of compliments on it everywhere I g
Yeah--they are designed to stay on....the instructions that came with mine specifically warned about turning them off or risk a dead battery. I agree, not great speakers, and in my opinion, not worth anywhere near what they cost. Though I have nothing to compare it to, this is the first bike alive had any tunes on before. I love having it, but for the price, expected better. When ai had mine put in, specifically asked for the volume control one to be on the left. Makes it easier. The Bluetooth sometimes cuts out-don't know if that's a problem with my thick leather jacket, phone, or the speakers-so I put on a phone mount, and just hard plug in to them now,

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've found several other speakers I'd rather check out. Googling a little bit has found them up to 800 watts. Much better I'm sure. Eventually when I'm ready to actually shop I'll hit a couple local custom shops and see what they can offer too.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah--they are designed to stay on....the instructions that came with mine specifically warned about turning them off or risk a dead battery. I agree, not great speakers, and in my opinion, not worth anywhere near what they cost. Though I have nothing to compare it to, this is the first bike alive had any tunes on before. I love having it, but for the price, expected better. When ai had mine put in, specifically asked for the volume control one to be on the left. Makes it easier. The Bluetooth sometimes cuts out-don't know if that's a problem with my thick leather jacket, phone, or the speakers-so I put on a phone mount, and just hard plug in to them now,
Mine cuts out also. This is how I fixed that. I have tunes on my phone already. I put the phone in airplane mode, then turn on Bluetooth. Put my phone in my handle bar bag near the antennae. Works ok an stops a lot of that disconnect. Probably because my phone carrier sucks. So just play my music from stored memory.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You know, I have been reading the posts on the bluetooth speakers for the Vintage. Something caught my eye in a thread. I have had these speakers for a year now and I just went back out to take a look at them. There is a plug in for the speakers. So here is the question. Is that for direct plug in for my TUNES. Man, Im either stupid or not paying attention. Is there anyone out there who can enlighten me? Found the plug on the speaker with the volume control underneath.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Has anyone mounted the Bluetooth speakers on an Indian Chief Vintage? Interested in thoughts, reviews and especially pictures. I will be stopping by the dealer tomorrow to make the final decision on whether or not to get them. I will be getting the handlebar bag as well.

Lee
You know, I have been reading the posts on the bluetooth speakers for the Vintage. Something caught my eye in a thread. I have had these speakers for a year now and I just went back out to take a look at them. There is a plug in for the speakers. So here is the question. Is that for direct plug in for my TUNES. Man, Im either stupid or not paying attention. Is there anyone out there who can enlighten me? Found the plug on the speaker with the volume control underneath.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts