Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Rider
2021 Ruby Metallic and Challenger and Limited
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Since I owned several Indians beforehand when I first picked up my 2019 (ruby red metallic) chieftain limited I was a little turned off by the Rogue style redesigned seat, since then it’s grown on me and actually pretty comfortable for a stock seat.
Was wondering if anyone swapped out their seat for the original stock (older model chieftain seat).
I do have a Springfield stockseat and pillion that I’m thinking of putting on but wondering what it would look like before I make the effort.
if anyone has pictures can you please post thanks

·
Rider
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont mind the look and the bride is more comfortable.. I ride with just the solo seat sometimes too.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
OK you convinced me I’m going down to the garage I’m gonna swap it out I think it looks good and you say it’s more comfortable than the Rugue seat ?
i’m assuming fitment is exactly the same?

·
Registered
583 Posts
I swapped out my Rogue Seat for the "original seat" and find it much more comfortable as well. The 'bucket' part of the seat cradles your a$$ nicely.

·
Rider
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I swapped out my Rogue Seat for the "original seat" and find it much more comfortable as well. The 'bucket' part of the seat cradles your a$$ nicely.
Cool, glad to hear. Picture 📷?

·
Founding member
1,196 Posts
@Usafle your bike looks nice. Just wondering where you got that red air filter? I had one back in 2015 but I ruined trying to clean it and could never remember where I got it. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
304 Posts
OK you convinced me I’m going down to the garage I’m gonna swap it out I think it looks good and you say it’s more comfortable than the Rugue seat ?
i’m assuming fitment is exactly the same?
The fitment is the same.
Comfort for me was about the same but my wife hated the rogue seat.
I really like the solo seat look for myself as well.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
583 Posts
I'm going to hijack this thread a bit, those of you posting pictures with your backrests (@IronDame - I thought there were more people with backrests posted but it was just you with two pictures) Anyway, do you feel like the backrest "pushes" you too far forward? I've got the Indian OEM one and I've got the screw all the way backed out and still I feel like my crotch is riding on the gas tank. I find it much more comfortable riding without the backrest on. Which I thought would be the opposite.....

·
Rider
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm going to hijack this thread a bit, those of you posting pictures with your backrests (@IronDame - I thought there were more people with backrests posted but it was just you with two pictures) Anyway, do you feel like the backrest "pushes" you too far forward? I've got the Indian OEM one and I've got the screw all the way backed out and still I feel like my crotch is riding on the gas tank. I find it much more comfortable riding without the backrest on. Which I thought would be the opposite.....
Funny thing is, I always felt the same
about the riders backrest on my other Indian’s. I would keep the screw set all the way back (eventually it fell out and lost) But like you I felt I was way to close to handle bars.
Ended up selling it off last bike and didn’t bother to order one for this new 19 chieftain limited.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts