Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it sounds strange but hear me out. :)
I have a Chief Darkhorse that I bought soft and hard bags for, but the VAST majority of the time, I ride without them on.
I have a leather bag in-between my apes that hold most of the stuff I need. I only put on the bags for long trips.

Anyways...I'm thinking about trading my good ole trusty mule Ruth in for a Challenger.
That being said, the hard bags will be off the bike most of the time.
So, I'm left wondering what the Challenger looks like without the saddlebags.

I'm assuming not much thought went into the looks and blending of the rear fender and side cover and as such... it'll be uglier than sin.
Does anyone have any pics of their Challenger with the bags off??

Thanks in advance.

·
Silver member
5,030 Posts
From what I remember from a spy shot from the factory it doesn't look good at all without the bags on. The fender is cut way up high and too much tire shows. I tried to find that pic, but too many articles to surf through to go that far back and find the snaps...

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,103 Posts
I don't think Polaris intended the bike to be without the saddlebags judging by the lack of styling given the rear fender. Not terrible but definitely not good.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the pic guys!! I agree with ya reinie...I don't think they intended the Challenger to ride w/o the bags either. It's pretty fugly w/o the bags. That's too bad. :). When I get mine, I'll have to see about mounting a Chieftain rear fender on...with some modifications obviously, but I think it'll go on easier than folks think. The rear subframe seems to be the same as the Chieftain and the mounting points for all the side panels seem to be at the same spot. Nip & tuck here and there and I think it'll work.

P.S. I think putting on the strut covers on the side will go a looooooong way in making the rear fender look better. :) But again....I'm sure 99.9% of folks will be riding with the bags on since it is, after all, a Bagger.

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Actually, this is the thread I've been waiting for.
I rode it.. and I thought "this thing is awesome,,
I wonder what it's like naked"..
But don't we all.....

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
And........
no.
It was definitely not intended to be naked.
Almost like leggings... a privilege. Not a right...

Somebody make a fender for that epic machine!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts