Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way this Sat. to pickup the Black Beast. The Chieftan is one fine machine, a Real Beast for sure.....#2066, not in the 1901, BUT WHAT THE HELL, IT'S MINE. WOW! Damn right, first BRAND NEW bike (other than dirt bikes) I've ever bought. Been ridin for 40 years and you know, gonna be a good summer! Already got cabins reserved for this June up around the Drangons Tail. Get the 500 mile brake in done way before that and be ready for some real good riding by June. Hope to see some of you around sometime....be safe.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Glad to hear it's going to happen!! You will be pleased as punch. Temperature should hit 60, with sunny skies all day! Where do you pick it up?? I'm in Hattiesburg. Picked up my red Vintage last November, but haven't been able to ride it much! Things like rain, cold, hunting season, other bikes, and did I mention rain? Good luck tomorrow, and let me know where you are from! Danny Mac.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Danny, I live in Potts Camp, between Tupelo and Memphis on hwy 78. Going over to B''ham Al for the pickup, two and half hrs....can't wait for some good weather, will probably trailer it back.

·
Registered
42 Posts
That's where I bought mine---Big#1 Motorsports! We have a local dealer here in Hattiesburg now, but didn't have them when I ordered mine. I know some "Potts" from GWRRA Chapter "P". I've eaten "SLUGBURGERS" too! I was going to trailer mine back, but caught a nice day, and didn't think the Indian front fender would clear a Pingle or Condor, so I rode it to Hattiesburg. Still haven't verified if it will clear a chock. Worked out great, at 238 miles, and I played (fluctuated) my speed! Have fun, and let me hear how it works out! Danny Mac.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got it home today, but only got to ride about 120 of the 190 miles, TEMP. WAS NOT ON MY SIDE. It was almost 60 when I left B'Ham and when we hit the AL - MS line about 4 o'clock, it had dropped to about 45. Had all I wanted and with dark coming on, wasn't going to get any better, that's why we took the trailer and glad we did. The brake in is a pain, I ran from 50 - 70, up and down. The wife just put the truck on cruise at 55 and just hung back. Talking about the Slugburgers, up in Corinth, there's a couple of places that do them, NASTY, won't be back for more. The passenger floorboards and heel shifter should be in soon. If you're interested, Aeromach Accessories has them for our bikes. Come on spring! Do I hear a HELL YA!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Glad you had a good experience! What was your experience with the Dealer? Are you a Vet? Did they tell you about the Vet rebate? Did they cart you around from place to place? Did they break the news about the first checkup at 500 miles at $350.00-$375.00? I'm going to check the local dealer, and see what their price is. Several websites have advised that the 1st and 4th are the important ones--Owners can do the others themselves! Also, didn't realize that Indian will read the "maps" sent in on first checkup, and will be able to tell how you have riden the bike---RPMs, Top speeds in each gear, the whole enchilada--Just like having a factory rep as your riding partner! That'll give ya' something to think about! Behave and enjoy!!! Danny Mac.

Rode the Goldwing today with heater on, grips on, and butt warmers on, but tomorrow it's the Indian! Suppose to hit 62-64 in Hattiesburg.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad you had a good experience! What was your experience with the Dealer? Are you a Vet? Did they tell you about the Vet rebate? Did they cart you around from place to place? Did they break the news about the first checkup at 500 miles at $350.00-$375.00? I'm going to check the local dealer, and see what their price is. Several websites have advised that the 1st and 4th are the important ones--Owners can do the others themselves! Also, didn't realize that Indian will read the "maps" sent in on first checkup, and will be able to tell how you have riden the bike---RPMs, Top speeds in each gear, the whole enchilada--Just like having a factory rep as your riding partner! That'll give ya' something to think about! Behave and enjoy!!! Danny Mac.

Rode the Goldwing today with heater on, grips on, and butt warmers on, but tomorrow it's the Indian! Suppose to hit 62-64 in Hattiesburg.
Well, how was the ride today......hope you enjoyed, was high of 40 here. I went out a couple times and messed with setting some radio stations. Can't ride and damn near cried. But one thing for sure, better weather is coming, JUST DON'T KNOW WHEN! Danny, did your bike come with the big sticker on the windshield? What a *****, got the blow dry out and managed to get it off....and a razor blade. Still got to remove some glue residue. That's just Stupid, putting something like that on there. They could have come up with something different.

What kind of mileage you getting? My display tells me I was getting 35 yesterday on way home......of course that was with the up and dowm throttle. Hope to see some improvement.

Have a good week, we're expecting winter mix for the next two days, maybe ride next weekend.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just in from a short 70 mile loop around Hattiesburg! Weather was a perfect 67 degrees, and required only a long sleeve shirt. Stopped for a burger, and had people driving in off the street to take pictures. Just loaded the bike up with fringe last week....the jury is still out on that one!!

Hope the weather gives you a break shortly, if not, you are surely to go into convulsions. I took the windshield sticker off at the dealership, while he was giving me the "walk around". I assume he did you the same way. I asked him about the tank sticker, and he wouldn't touch it. I took it off as soon as I made it home--Just got one corner started, and slowly worked it off in one piece. Had to get some polish to remove the remaining glue. If you don't get them off paint quickly, they will leave a slight shadow! Keep me posted how it's going, and post a reply on "Southeast" region thread. Later...Danny Mac.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts