Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i am new the forum i decided to get a scout bobber as my first bike i have been riding since a kid just never owned one before the dealer in LA has quoted me 15820 OTD and i just wanted to know what you guys think of that price before i go pick it up and color is in a ruby red smoke

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
That's a bit expensive!!!

I wouldn't pay that much. Btw -- there are PLENTY of bikes on Cycle Trader and you could put $5000 in your pocket.
Just arrange financing through your credit union or bank. It's really easy.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I think California prices are typically a bit higher than the rest of the country so to compare apples to apples you need prices from the same state.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's a bit expensive!!!

I wouldn't pay that much. Btw -- there are PLENTY of bikes on Cycle Trader and you could put $5000 in your pocket.
Just arrange financing through your credit union or bank. It's really easy.
From looking online even out of state people pay about 14 something and the thing is i really like ruby red smoke and honestly dont know if i can wait any longer

·
Super Moderator
11,414 Posts
Welcome to the tribe! $15.8 is high but if you love that color and are willing to pay for it, do it!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Welcome from SE PA. If you can make it happen, why not if it's already what you like!

·
Rider
577 Posts
Hi guys i am new the forum i decided to get a scout bobber as my first bike i have been riding since a kid just never owned one before the dealer in LA has quoted me 15820 OTD and i just wanted to know what you guys think of that price before i go pick it up and color is in a ruby red smoke
Out the door! Is everyone including tax, license, dealer prep assuming new. If you are thinking 14,000 is a good price now add tax and other stuff. Then 15.8 out the door doesn't seem so out of place. It would also depend on how its setup is it ABS what other items are addons? If it's bone stock then you're getting ripped off.

I don't see Ruby Red on any 2020 scouts what year is it?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I was looking at prices and stuff what is the ABS addition to this model? And what does it to? I see it on the Indian website and like other dealer websites when I was googling around and the ABS models were more expensive. Scouts aren't my style, and I don't know anything about them, but also willing to learn!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was bone stock 15820 otd so i decided not to get it. It did have abs i am contactinf other places to see what kind of deal they give me

·
Rider
577 Posts
It was bone stock 15820 otd so i decided not to get it. It did have abs i am contactinf other places to see what kind of deal they give me
do you have a link to the dealer website or the name of the dealer?

·
Rider
577 Posts

·
Rider
577 Posts

I found three others not all the same color up to you. It's on the high side of all of them but not too far out of the ballpark It's an icon series and I don't find that on Indian's website to research it.

·
Rider
577 Posts
ok looked around more on Indian's website and found the Icon is color only and $2000 over the base model of 10,999. Any other paint, not the Icon would price at 11,899. Icon paint for a base model Bobber is 12,899 on the Indian site. You're paying 250 over Indians base price for an Icon in California.

Posting I am buying a bobber with no other information put everyone at a disadvantage in what you are buying. After looking at it and you say you love the color it's not a bad deal. It's also, not a base model because of the special paint. That said everything else is base model but if you are wild about the paint and comfortable with the price go for it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok looked around more on Indian's website and found the Icon is color only and $2000 over the base model of 10,999. Any other paint, not the Icon would price at 11,899. Icon paint for a base model Bobber is 12,899 on the Indian site. You're paying 250 over Indians base price for an Icon in California.

Posting I am buying a bobber with no other information put everyone at a disadvantage in what you are buying. After looking at it and you say you love the color it's not a bad deal. It's also, not a base model because of the special paint. That said everything else is base model but if you are wild about the paint and comfortable with the price go for it.
I wasnt aware that its an special paint but yeah i still think it was a little too high but there one about 250 miles from me in black thunder and does not have abs. Do you think abs is something you should have or does it just depend on the rider

·
Rider
577 Posts
I wasnt aware that its an special paint but yeah i still think it was a little too high but there one about 250 miles from me in black thunder and does not have abs. Do you think abs is something you should have or does it just depend on the rider
I prefer it, It keeps the tires from locking up. So in a panic I would think it would help.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Abs should be standard on all bikes. Do a few panic test stops on an abs bike and you’ll quickly understand why. It’s also been proven that abs bikes stop more quickly than non abs bikes even when you have a talented rider. There’s no other bike that looks like that ruby smoke bobber. If that’s the one, get it. I have a scout in the jade green/black. Loved it the first time I saw it. Love it every single time I see it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts