Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I traded the 2016 Dark Horse for a Chieftain Classic today. Got a left over 2019 for under 22k, not too bad. I was going to buy a Chieftain Dark Horse in Bronze Smoke, but after thinking about it for a few days since I was there on Saturday, I decided that thing was too similar to my 2020 Street Glide. Therefore, I opted for basically the exact opposite bike, style-wise. It feels much more peppy than I recall my stock 2016 being, maybe that is due to the ride modes, not sure. Its funny, I always really disliked the "classic" styling until they started making these more streamlined/modern bikes like the new Chieftains and Challengers. Suddenly, having an Indian that actually looks like an Indian got real appealing.

Anyway, not planning to do much in the way of mods, but I did put my Mustang seat and crotch cooler from the other bike on it already. I'm considering maybe a FuelMoto improved stock tune or something. I don't want the bike to be any louder, so not sure how many options I have as a result. Loud pipes sound cool.... until hour 6 on day 3 of 14 during a long trip. :)

·
German Rider
1,729 Posts
Congratz!

Cu,
Sven

Reactions: Mudflap

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I installed a Indian high flow ac (round) and a fuel moto tune....big difference to me.
I was thinking about going that route as well. The factory pipes are loud enough as-is. I do wonder how much just that air cleaner would matter though.

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Congratulations on a beautiful bike and a fantastic deal! I just picked up a 2019 RM and also got a deal too good to resist. If you can find them the 2019s are a bargain. Enjoy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts