Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Might be what we're looking at. Speculative photo done with an indian dark horse with slightly shortened fenders, lowered suspension and thunderstroke powerplant.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Nice, I wonder what you can do with the oil bag, maby hide the battery and everything else in there ?
Looks like the motor is black chrome in the pic, would it look the same with high polished chrome ?
I'm definitly anxious to see what this new Indian will look like, I already want the motor, I hope the bike stays true to the current Indian design, maby a bit of tweaking but not straying too far.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Well on their facebook there's three things the ppl are clamoring for
1)Crate motors/trannies
2)Price point
3)dealership network

Indian ain't saying on any point outside of 'price will be lower'. Nothing on appearance and nothing on crate motors or trannys. There are rumours about a small internal scuffle between redoing the motor on pushrod/nonpushrod but to me that's going to be just rumor. They seem to have already decided.

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Would be kind of cool if Polaris had a deal that if you purchased one of these remaining new Indians you had an option of swapping out the engine with the Thunderstroke. Doubt if it would happen tho, it would be a big kit to swap it all out.

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
Cool photoshop work but I don't think this is what we'll be seeing later on this year. Polaris made a pretty big deal out of the final edition KM era chiefs being sold last month. I look for the next bike to be instantly recognizable as an Indian ( see Thunderstroke 111 ) but at the same time also be obviously something completely new ( see Thunderstroke 111 ).

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not sure if I'd want one like that.

If they make a tourer or bagger that is really nice, The Vision may cease to be my bucket list bike and a new Indian would take it's place.

G

·
Discussion Starter #14
Something I noticed on the 'Sneak Peak' bike, is that the Indian head on the front fender has been moved further forward, so that the top of the fender is alligned with the top of the Indian's head. The Kings Mountains bikes have the Indian head sitting more on top of the front fender. Looking at the new dealership spot ads, the cream and red fender on display also has the Indian head configured like the sneak peak bike. Wonder if the cream and red will be a color option for 2014...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts