Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Nope. Wyoming, colorado, Utah — lotta places out west don’t have that luxury. Choices are to pull over and risk getting ass-ended, turn around (which I hate to do), or slow way down once you get suited up and sally forth. I usually do the latter. If it’s just a cell it usually won’t last too long and you can ride through it. If it’s the leading edge of a front, the frontal boundary is usually the worst part and it settles down once you ride thru. There are parts of the country where that doesn’t hold true (anywhere in Tornado Alley) and riding into something like this can be pretty dangerous. I was in a MERA rally where one of the guys rode into a tornado in Nebraska at 2am and got killed.
I was coming through the St. Louis area a few years back and got into some pretty hard rain. I stopped under an overpass till it eased up then continued. But again, and then again it was raining too hard and I stopped under an overpass. Checked the weather radar app on my phone. Shit! The storm was moving North East, and I was riding East and I kept catching up to it. So I bit the bullet and rode all the way through it and, finally, got to where the roads were dry. Needed gas, coffee and needed to pee. Got off the slab and gassed up, peed, but had to forgo the coffee as the black clouds were just about over me. As I was running almost 90 up the ramp the first few big drops were splattering me but maybe 1/4 more of a mile I was clear of it but that storm was chasing me for another 2 hrs. Nope, I don't like riding in rain.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I had previously posted this but always worth a repeat. This fellow’s name is Taefer and he used to be a Wall Street trader. He gave up the rat race to become a vegan and a yoga instructor. Here’s another shot:
View attachment 681493
Wow! That's really cool. When he jumped off the grid he didn't take no short cuts. Good for him.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Jimi Hendrix ~~ 1962. He was actually a paratrooper with the 101st. He was a badass before he left the military to use his God-given talents ( ** AMEN!! *** ) on the guitar.
View attachment 685172
I always liked his music. But...., I remember when he was a guest on the Johnny Carson Tonight Show. He was almost totally silent. Carson did his best to initiate a conversation with him on numerous topics to no avail. And you could tell when Carson just plain gave up. They went to a commercial break and after the commercial Hendrix was gone and nothing was said about him Johnny just introduced the next guest.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Nice, it looks like Cape Canaveral, FL.

So next, have a visit to NASA Houston, Tx.
Way better in my opinion. In my opinion, cape Canaveral looks like a big playground with a launch pad and some decorations compared to Houston.

It's just my opinion......

Cu,
Sven
I have never, so far, been to either Cape Canaveral or the NASA place in Houston, but there is a US Space and Rocket museum in Huntsville, AL that is very interesting. Lots of displays, rockets, capsules, so forth and so on. Here's a link: U.S. Space & Rocket Center

1 - 20 of 35 Posts