Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know why I don't see text messages sent to me on my bike. I'm connected on my phone but don't see messages.
I have this phone basically only for text and I get messages on phone but not on roadmaster.
I'm new here to Indian and switched from a goldwing and now I wish I would have done it a long time ago.

·
Registered
69 Posts
That depends. What year do you have, and which phone? My 2017 doesn't show text messages on Ride Command because I have iPhones. I think that is only a feature with Android equipped phones?

·
Bronze member
3,654 Posts
That depends. What year do you have, and which phone? My 2017 doesn't show text messages on Ride Command because I have iPhones. I think that is only a feature with Android equipped phones?

I can see text messages with my iphone on my ride command. You have to have show notifications in the advanced blue tooth settings. Many people don't know this.

·
Bronze member
3,654 Posts
Excellent to see -- I'll have to check it out!
In the lsit of blue tooth devices you will see the "Indian Motorcycle" click the circled i that is to the right of the name Indian Motorcycle and that is where you will find the advanced settings.

Of course you can't reply when riding, but it will show you what the test says and from whom.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Safety feature??

Reactions: Geoff-3

·
Rider
869 Posts
With that it says something like im driving now but it wont send it.
So although i can see those canned responses it only shows but wont send whem moving.
This is android phone

·
Registered
207 Posts
Group texts wont come through, individual will, samsung phone, and for those worrying about texting and driving, theres like 5 "canned" replies that you can adjust to reply. My favorite is "cant talk, riding the injjjjian!"

·
Bronze member
3,654 Posts
I don't know of any vehicle period that will let you replay text when moving. That would be illegal in many states and open for mass liability

·
Registered
188 Posts
I wish iPhones would allow you to send a canned response. something like "on bike, will respond when I stop"
They have “Do Not Disturb While Driving” mode when the phone connects to a cars Bluetooth, one would think it would work with the bikes. Or you can activate it manually.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Anyone know why I don't see text messages sent to me on my bike. I'm connected on my phone but don't see messages.
I have this phone basically only for text and I get messages on phone but not on roadmaster.
I'm new here to Indian and switched from a goldwing and now I wish I would have done it a long time ago.
Welcome aboard! I came from a 2003 Kawasaki Voyager to a Roadmaster back in 2016 - I knew I needed an upgrade and the RM checked all the boxes for me!

I know this may be a little off topic, but I have the Uclear brand of boomless headsets on our Indian half helmets. With everything paired up with my iPhone 7 I can ask Siri to read my text messages while driving. I can also have her reply with simple answers (speech to text is tough at anything above 35mph) through the headsets. Sometimes it’s important for instant communication, especially on long trips. Works for me.

·
Founding Member / Distinguished
4,249 Posts
I don't know of any vehicle period that will let you replay text when moving. That would be illegal in many states and open for mass liability
With CarPlay Siri reads your text back while the bike is in motion. I’m sure that will be added along with Android auto on the Ride Command 2.0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 31 Posts