Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Based on recent experiences, I had to get this off my chest. When I was in the market for the Chief Vintage, I did the usual searches, and found potential bikes at Indian in Scottsdale, Chandler, and Tucson. Scottsdale just had a 2014, so I thought I might get a decent deal as the '15's were hitting the dealer floors. I won't name names, but corresponded with a female in sales, and she worked up a trade and OTD price considering my trade in of Harley Street Glide. I made the same contacts in Chandler and Tucson (both owned by Ride Now Powersports). Chandler had sold the last bike so didn't have any. Tucson didn't have a '14, but told me they'd love to deal on a '15. Long story shorter....the final numbers after going back and forth, Tucson was almost $5000 better on the final OTD price/incentive. Not even a contest. Scottsdale would not budge on the '14, which already had a year of depreciation if I drove it out.

I've had very good luck with Ride Now, as they also own a local Harley dealership. I've purchased 10 new bikes since 2008 (yes, I have a sickness...), and always got the best customer service and deals with them. I wanted Scottsdale to work out as they are closer, but no luck. I'll never walk in the door at Scottsdale Victory/Indian.

·
Banned
7,192 Posts
I'm in Ahwatukee.
I've had some dealings with ride now.
The yamaha dealer on country club, wouldn't budge on a 1300 deluxe cruiser...'14 yet another guy here got a price in Florida for 5,000.00 less.
Maybe depends on the sales manager.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I almost bought the yellow Vintage Scottsdale had a few months ago, but they were very firm on their price, including $3k for the paint job. I ended up buying my 2014 Vintage from Chandler with $2400 free accessories already on the bike, $1k off MSRP, plus $1k vet discount. The parts and service people there were very nice to deal with, as was my particular saleperson. Didn't think much of the general manager though. But, I did have for the most part a good buying experience.

Since I live in Sierra Vista, I only deal with Tucson Indian now. I've been there quite a few times, have spent quite a chunk of change, and have had quite a few dealings with service, parts and sales. Everyone there I'd have to say is pretty awesome. Phil can be quite the salesman when trying to get any discounts, but he's a good dude. Scott in service is the absolute best tech anywhere! And both Mikes on the floor are good people too. They usually have a great deal of inventory in stock that everyone around the country seems to be waiting on. Great shop!

Come to think of it, if you bought around October, I may have taken that last '14 from Chandler just before you. I bought on 12 October. If so, sorry....well, not really ;-) I love this bike!

·
Founding member
960 Posts
I'm not from that area but on a recent trip to Calif. we stopped in at Indian of Tucson and were impressed. A nice store and the sales folks we met were very friendly and knowledgable. Looks like a good dealer from our short visit.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm in Ahwatukee.
I've had some dealings with ride now.
The yamaha dealer on country club, wouldn't budge on a 1300 deluxe cruiser...'14 yet another guy here got a price in Florida for 5,000.00 less.
Maybe depends on the sales manager.
Maybe. I bought a Suzuki Intruder and a Honda ST1300 there in years past, and got good deals with major discount on both....

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
I tried to buy my bike in Denver but the sales guy stated they can't budge on the price. I did research with internet sales and found one at Ride Now Peoria AZ. Great internet guy, great deal (3000+ saved) would buy from them again.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
The new Indian dealer in daytona is a ride now dealer which is a new branch off the Ocala dealer. If you haven't been to bike week in daytona you should stop in. I think they are trying to work with folks. For me it was all about the trade price and final otd which convinced me to try the indian vs the 2015 road glide. So far I have been really happy with the decision. Not sure what they are going to do with all the Harley's they have sitting there now but maybe they will end up overseas or Mexico.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts