Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
View attachment 523526 Finally found the cause of a fairing rattle that was driving me batshit crazy as it would only do it occasionally. Found the left fairing brace had come unbolted kn one side under the fairing. Easy to correct with a few drops of blue LocTite but a PITA to get to. All better now.

Attachments

·
Bronze member
3,159 Posts
wow.. how in the heck did that bolt come out and wedge in like that?..

Reactions: Cody

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ive got a small vibration/rattle that shows up in the fairing of my 2019 at about 2,000 rpm. I think I'll go investigate and see if I can narrow it down, now that I have a direction to follow.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
well month ago i had a rattle in windshield , on trip to dealership they fixed it. nut came loose. no more rattle. now when i hit a bump in road seems top part of front fairing. (RM) where u put your phone in to charge seems like it's coming apart. but when u try to manually move it sort of solid.

·
Registered
117 Posts
My biggest issue with my RM is the noisy fairing. I gave up trying to chase the source down, but it drives me crazy.

Juan

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
someone should go to polaris an show them how to tighten up nuts. bolts screws ect..Put a lock washer on. An that's prob the real issue some idiot didn't put a lock washer on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ive got a small vibration/rattle that shows up in the fairing of my 2019 at about 2,000 rpm. I think I'll go investigate and see if I can narrow it down, now that I have a direction to follow.
I have the same issue. Dealership couldn’t find anything and said the took it completely apart. The buzz is still there. Did you get a fix for this?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a similar issue. I'm having my cams and exhaust upgrades at the dealer in a few weeks and they told me they will look into the issue under warranty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts