Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all - just wondering if any of you are going to personalize your license plates? When my husband got rid of his Harley to the Victory Vision his plate was NOMOHD. He now has a 2014 Chieftain and we are still thinking of a good plate for it. I never had one on my VRod and want one but AZ rules for Motorcycle plates is only 5 characters and I am having trouble with getting things to fit or know what they mean.. That 1 more letter would be nice! Any thoughts you all could share to get my creative juices flowing would be appreciated.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I was going to get SKOUT, as SCOUT is already taken, but they're revamping the license plate system here in alberta, and I dont want to pay for a new plate and then pay for another one in three months.

·
Registered
558 Posts
No Scout, no plate but "BM1RO"...

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
I know this Tag will look weird on it but is paid up to 10-15 so going to make use of it ..

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Seven characters here in Dull-Aware; but only five for a motorcycle, I think... at least, that used to be the thing last I checked. Nothing about that limit on their vanity plate search page. Have to call them. Scout is taken. SCOUT69 (the displacement -- keep yer mind outta the gutter) and SCOUT15 are available. Indian is taken. ***** is not; but not real fond of that. Settled on WEBMOST... see if they can give me that six for a motorcycle. If not, may have to drop back and punt. I'll try and remember to call them today.

Thanks for the reminder.

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
If check my FXR Tag it's 7 Letters but FL now has limited motorcycles to 6 Letters .. Have sometime to think on it anyway ..

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Confirmed only 5 characters for a motorcycle (it's a shorter plate). Scout is taken. 5cout is not allowed, nor is Sc0ut, cause all numbers have to be to the right of all letters. WebMost is two too many letters. Closest I can come is Scowt. Anyone have any other five letter brainstorms?

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Colorado only has 6 letters, so Caveman was out.
Cavman for an infantry guy was out of question!
Cavema ---------NO-----------
So I am sticking with the CO special plate:
Colorado mountains cover the whole plate, blue trim, Indian war shield in middle, letters at base that states. "American Indian Scholars"
This plate requires a donation of $25 or more to the American Indian Scholars program which I consider a win-win. I have ordered mine, so pic to follow.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
I'm just going to leave as is :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Colorado only has 6 letters, so Caveman was out.
Cavman for an infantry guy was out of question!
Cavema ---------NO-----------
So I am sticking with the CO special plate:
Colorado mountains cover the whole plate, blue trim, Indian war shield in middle, letters at base that states. "American Indian Scholars"
This plate requires a donation of $25 or more to the American Indian Scholars program which I consider a win-win. I have ordered mine, so pic to follow.

Hmmm you got me thinking I might have to swap my Veteran plates for that.

The personalized plates look like they take 7 letters, but they remove the dreamcatcher.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Great post PakRat of the Colorado plate. This plate is going to look awesome on my Springfield Blue Vintage. I also qualify for the Veterans plates, but felt that was about me.
The Native American plate is 1st of all a good cause & a unique way to add something Indian to my Indian. Thought it was a war shield, but a dream catcher is much more fitting. I have found my dream bike and every time I ride it I feel I am living that dream!

1 - 20 of 81 Posts