Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Newly joined to the forum as a proud 2015 scout owner. I love the bike stock but I want to love it more so I've been doing research into some performance upgrades. I've already read a bunch of threads on here about using the trask performance air filter, and i believe I'll use that, but I did see one guy bring up a difference that style and a cone style air intake, and I'm wondering what the difference is? I'm pretty much decided on the hacker mayhem exhaust kit but please try and change my mind if anyones had a terrible experience with them. However I'm undecided on a tuner, and really don't know enough about them and all the different kinds. I will be having a local shop assist with all the work. Thanks for the first post and any input you can give!

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I went with the Crusher slip ons, S&S intake and the PVCX tune from FuelMoto. Great combination for power and response. Biggest gain was with the PVCX and FuelMoto waking up the Scout 60.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went with the Crusher slip ons, S&S intake and the PVCX tune from FuelMoto. Great combination for power and response. Biggest gain was withe PVCX and FuelMoto waking up the Scout 60.
See I thought about slip ons for a while then just figured "hell if I'm gonna go 5 yards why not 10". The PCV tuner definitely seems to be the best but it shows in the price tag with it. I've heard the dobeck gen 3 isn't bad but not too variable and that Lloydz was somewhere in between. As far as the air filter goes that's definitely another I was looking at.

·
Bronze member
1,462 Posts
The PVCX is easier as you just load in a new program that uses info from tuner ( like Fuel Moto) to maximize the use of the particular intake and exhaust components. You don’t leave it on the bike, nothing to install as it is a upgraded program that alters fuel and timing. It just plugs into the diagnostics port and you download a new program. The original program is stored onto the unit should you want to put it back. Even if you don’t put new intake and exhaust, the PVCX will make your bike run better. If you have a Scout 60 it will clean up the de-tune feature Polaris decided to give the 60, so it would not be nearly as fast as the regular Scout 69 .

·
Rider
715 Posts
I got the hacker Mahem’s on my scout bobber. I also got the tuner that hacker sells. I would recommend getting the PVCX and custom tune. A lil more money but much more worth it. I’m going to end up spending more money now switching.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's what I was wondering about, maybe I'm just dumb but looking at dynojets website they have a list of supported combinations of intake and exhaust and nowhere did I see hacker. I figured maybe you have to use the dobeck cause Id seen a couple people say that. I hadn't gotten around to calling and asking yet though.

·
Rider
715 Posts
That's what I was wondering about, maybe I'm just dumb but looking at dynojets website they have a list of supported combinations of intake and exhaust and nowhere did I see hacker. I figured maybe you have to use the dobeck cause Id seen a couple people say that. I hadn't gotten around to calling and asking yet though.
The dobeck systems are fine. The one hacker sells is a dobeck system and it’ll keep the bike from running to rich or lean. BUT if you like me and want ever once of HP you can get then you should go with a PVCX and go to a shop and get a custom tune which is about $300 for a custom tune. Each shops are diff but that’s the going rate. So buy the PVCX and then get a custom tune. BUT if you low on funds and/or don’t care about ever once of horse power then the dobeck system will do just fine and will still be more power then stock.

Also you can by the PVCX and get a flashes tune (free) and do not have to get a custom tune from a shop on A dyno right away. Like you were say they don’t have options for the hacker mayhem but they can still get it close with the many options. But later down the rode I would recommend getting a custom tune from a shop and then you don’t have to worry about them not having the hacker mayhem’s as an option because the tune is customs for your bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts