Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Banned
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, with most of the state shut down and all the swap meets and shows and events being cancelled, I'm having a hard time scratching my motorcycle itch. Don't get me wrong. I've been out riding, and the empty roads have been an eye opening experience; but I feel like I'm missing that like minded congregation. I think it's especially annoying because the weather around here has been unseasonably favorable towards riding so I'm seeing tons of bikes, but haven't been able to talk to any bikers in the wild.

So my idea was to start a state forum. Kind of a sound off board for your home state so we can "congregate" without actually congregating. We can use it to share rides and roads. Loops and locations. State information and news. Pretty much anything PA and/or motorcycle related.

I'm from Delco and despite our generally over crowded streets, the western part of the county is still (more or less) good riding. I'll put a few loops together and post some maps. And I'll try and get a few pictures while I'm out riding to go with them. I hope you guys all do the same. Hopefully as we fill out the pages with ride and location suggestions we'll start to get that feeling of congregation that motorcycling usually has, but has been stripped away at the moment.

I hope you guys like this idea and it takes off. You other northeastern Indian owners should start state boards also. I regularly find myself in Delaware, Maryland, and New Jersey and would love some local insights.

·
Banned
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Massachusetts is killing it with their board!

Getting out on the scoot today. Seems like the sun is finally shining on a free day for me, which is a nice change of pace. It only seems to shine lately when I can't go ride. Anyone else getting out for a ride today?

I downloaded a ride mapping app on my fancy thinking phone. I'm gonna see how that goes. I'll try to post my ride here later.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hey guys, with most of the state shut down and all the swap meets and shows and events being cancelled, I'm having a hard time scratching my motorcycle itch. Don't get me wrong. I've been out riding, and the empty roads have been an eye opening experience; but I feel like I'm missing that like minded congregation. I think it's especially annoying because the weather around here has been unseasonably favorable towards riding so I'm seeing tons of bikes, but haven't been able to talk to any bikers in the wild.

So my idea was to start a state forum. Kind of a sound off board for your home state so we can "congregate" without actually congregating. We can use it to share rides and roads. Loops and locations. State information and news. Pretty much anything PA and/or motorcycle related.

I'm from Delco and despite our generally over crowded streets, the western part of the county is still (more or less) good riding. I'll put a few loops together and post some maps. And I'll try and get a few pictures while I'm out riding to go with them. I hope you guys all do the same. Hopefully as we fill out the pages with ride and location suggestions we'll start to get that feeling of congregation that motorcycling usually has, but has been stripped away at the moment.

I hope you guys like this idea and it takes off. You other northeastern Indian owners should start state boards also. I regularly find myself in Delaware, Maryland, and New Jersey and would love some local insights.
I'm located in Bridgeport, next to KOP. I mostly ride and have ride command maps of north east and north west of my location. Would be interested in sharing loops and locations. Attached a few of my rides. You have to rename files with .gpx extension once downloaded - only way to attach ride command maps on this forum...Share some loops!!! Also, interested in riding with others. Gets boring by myself. Send me a PM if you can get out. I work from home so am mostly always able to get out for a ride.I am testing out the Hazelton Loop (5.5 hours, 197 miles) today. :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm located in Bridgeport, next to KOP. I mostly ride and have ride command maps of north east and north west of my location. Would be interested in sharing loops and locations. Attached a few of my rides. You have to rename files with .gpx extension once downloaded - only way to attach ride command maps on this forum...Share some loops!!! Also, interested in riding with others. Gets boring by myself. Send me a PM if you can get out. I work from home so am mostly always able to get out for a ride.I am testing out the Hazelton Loop (5.5 hours, 197 miles) today. :cool:
Very nice Hazelton Loop There! You missed a good road west of there. 125 south from Shamokin. You need to catch that one when you have a chance!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Here is a loop west of you that is very nice. Maybe we can meet up and ride sometime!
I'd like to check that out! Whereabouts are you coming from? That route looks awesome. If it would quit raining every afternoon, I'd like to check it out.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Smoothbassman, here is one that parallels the start of your blue mountain map. Really my favorite ride so far...

Attachments

·
Banned
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey guys. I don't have a ride command. I was trying to use my phone to map and post rides and it hasn't worked for me. Do you guys have any suggestions for an app that I can trace my routes and post them here?

And I'm a homesteader so I can usually carve out some time everyday to ride. This time of year there isn't much work to do daily in the gardens so i get to ride a lot. I'll PM both of you guys after I fix my clutch cable tonight and maybe we can set a ride up for this week. I agree that it can get boring alone all the time.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hey guys. I don't have a ride command. I was trying to use my phone to map and post rides and it hasn't worked for me. Do you guys have any suggestions for an app that I can trace my routes and post them here?

And I'm a homesteader so I can usually carve out some time everyday to ride. This time of year there isn't much work to do daily in the gardens so i get to ride a lot. I'll PM both of you guys after I fix my clutch cable tonight and maybe we can set a ride up for this week. I agree that it can get boring alone all the time.
Sounds great! I’m usually good with exception of Tuesday afternoon. Other than that, let’s ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
407 Posts

Here are a couple phone apps that read ride command files

·
Banned
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm in Glenolden. 20 minutes from Havertown. I fixed my clutch cable earlier today so I'm good to go. Anyone wanna ride out to Gettysburg tomorrow or Friday? We can cruise down 30 and pick up 426 heading west. If we meet at Valley Forge we can run 29 down to 30 in Frazer.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I'm in Glenolden. 20 minutes from Havertown. I fixed my clutch cable earlier today so I'm good to go. Anyone wanna ride out to Gettysburg tomorrow or Friday? We can cruise down 30 and pick up 426 heading west. If we meet at Valley Forge we can run 29 down to 30 in Frazer.
PM’d you. I’m down for the ride tomorrow if we get an early start?

·
Banned
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The car and bike show on the 25th in Palmerton I'm interested in.

"e-mail Miranda at [email protected]
or text 610-390-0963 for craft and car show registration"

Just pulled that contact info for it from the Outdoor Veterans site.

·
Registered
407 Posts
The car and bike show on the 25th in Palmerton I'm interested in.

"e-mail Miranda at [email protected]
or text 610-390-0963 for craft and car show registration"

Just pulled that contact info for it from the Outdoor Veterans site.
Looks like a good one. Here is our route yesterday - 9 hours, 323 miles. I am surprised, not that sore or out of sorts for the length of the ride, guess it was all those timely breaks...great time!!!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 62 Posts