Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get a set of pegs for the highway bar. I am wondering the size of the bar, is it 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 ? What are some options you have gone with?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I am looking to get a set of pegs for the highway bar. I am wondering the size of the bar, is it 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 ? What are some options you have gone with?
1 1/4 inch is what I mounted on my Chieftain. Can't believe the others use something else. I used a universal set that was mounted on my Road King. The look is good and the price was right!

Bought then at JPCycles several years ago. They still sell them for $56. Since everyone is posting
pictures....here is how it looks.

Semper Fi,
DrZ

Reactions: harry

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Kuryakyn part #4526 1 1/4" long arm highway peg mounts..109.99..... Just add pegs of your choice..... I have short legs so these work great, also they make a short arm mount ......:cool:

·
Registered
544 Posts
Well, I made the mistake of going with the Indian highway pegs. Not impressed. They are too big. Even folded, the mounts protrude too much outside the crashbars in my opinion. If I had it to do over again I'd likely find a cheaper alternative.

Steve

·
Founding member / distinguished
2,752 Posts
Well, I made the mistake of going with the Indian highway pegs. Not impressed. They are too big. Even folded, the mounts protrude too much outside the crashbars in my opinion. If I had it to do over again I'd likely find a cheaper alternative.

Steve
Hopefully, you'll change your mind on the Indian pegs. I agree, they are not the prettiest things out there, but you can adjust them so many different directions to suit your comfort level perfectly.
I love mine.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Gator
Questions:
1. Are you long legged? I could flip them to the other side and gain a few inches.
2. Is this mounted on stock highway bar?
3. Have you used them? If yes how well,do they hold with pressure against them?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Gator
Questions:
1. Are you long legged? I could flip them to the other side and gain a few inches.
2. Is this mounted on stock highway bar?
3. Have you used them? If yes how well,do they hold with pressure against them?
Have Caveman I'm six feet tall and they fit me perfectly.
Yes they are stock highway bar.
I have put over a 1000 miles on with them so far and had no problems.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,597 Posts
One other options is the step mustache bars that come standard on the Roadmaster. Very clean and I think it will work good. Only a hundred buck more that the Indian highway pegs. Dean E

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
You got a point Dean E. I have use pegs all my life due to the adjustability. At the first Indian group ride, I attend I will asked to sit on a bike that has the mustache bars. No hurry due to winter coming at 9000ft where I live.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Someone above on the thread/forum - recommend these. Kuryakan. 1 1/4" - I ordered them from CruiserCustomizing and they came pretty quick. Less then a week. They were $135.99 - had a retail code for $10 off = $125.99. Add shipping at $8.95 and total price was $134.94 delivered. They are really easy to put on and adjust in three different places. Look really good on it I think. $300 from INDIAN is a BIT steep for pegs? Hope that helps.

Kuryakyn Longhorn Offset SweptWing Highway Pegs with 1-1/4 inch Magnum Quick Clamp (pr)

Attachments

·
Registered
314 Posts

·
Premium Member
390 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
I put Küryakyn toe pegs on mine. I've got a short 30in inseam and with the large floor boards, I rest my heal up towards the front and toes on the toe pegs. Work great for me!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Has anyone used anything between the pegs and the crashbar to protect the chrome crash bar or just bolt them on?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts