Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
I didn’t get to talk to the Tech, however, the service advisor told me the 2021 will stay in the last switch position when the bike is shut off. She didn’t know if the 2020 can be flashed to do the same. The Tech was on a ride to check another fellas bike. I asked her to ask the Tech and give me a call or text once she finds the answer.
Mine is a 2020, and it stays in the last switch position. So, sounds like good news.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
276 Posts
That's odd seeing that the VCM that comes with the lights gets programed. Why would there be a difference between the 2 years?
I thought the same thing. Just repeated what they told me at the dealer last night. I didn’t have time to discuss it at that time.

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
Mine is a 2020, and it stays in the last switch position. So, sounds like good news.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Ditto... I have a 2020 Limited and the driving lights will stay in the last position when bike is powered back up again.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,542 Posts
I'm going to nit-pick a little here... Mine come on when the bike is started but as soon as I shift from N -> 1st, they shut off. Everytime... without fail. Here's the kicker. If I shut off my bike in 1st and start it in 1st with the clutch pulled in, they stay on for the rest of the ride.

·
5 years +
196 Posts
I'm going to nit-pick a little here... Mine come on when the bike is started but as soon as I shift from N -> 1st, they shut off. Everytime... without fail. Here's the kicker. If I shut off my bike in 1st and start it in 1st with the clutch pulled in, they stay on for the rest of the ride.
My lights do the same thing. I had the bike reflashed and it didn't change anything at all so the Tech is going to create a case for this. I would be surprised if this is corrected by the end of the year.

·
Registered
37 Posts
TechRider, I had my VCM re-flashed this past Saturday and it fixed the shit off issue I was having as well.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,542 Posts
Awesome, thanks for the update!!!

·
5 years +
196 Posts
TechRider, I had my VCM re-flashed this past Saturday and it fixed the shit off issue I was having as well.
You're one of the lucky ones I had mine reflashed and it didn't correct the problem. Maybe the problem is in the VCM

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,542 Posts
It could be the tech didn't flash with the latest updates as well. We almost have to demand to know the versions they apply then compare ourselves. It should be unnecessary but it seems to be the world we live in.

·
Registered
37 Posts
It could be the tech didn't flash with the latest updates as well. We almost have to demand to know the versions they apply then compare ourselves. It should be unnecessary but it seems to be the world we live in.
I was thinking the same. My dealership didn’t know about the update. They verified it with Indian and scheduled me for the fix. Took about 30 min. So far it’s still working as it should.

121 - 131 of 131 Posts