Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
81 - 100 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have a Challenger Limited. I have access to black brackets but not chrome. Has any out the black brackets on a Limited? I think it might actually blend in better than the chrome If so can you post pictures?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2021 Indian Challenger Limited (Ruby Metallic)
31 Posts
My challenger is currently sitting at my dealer because I got the lights and mounts and had the dealer install them when i dropped the bike for my 5K service.. Apparently they are having an issue getting the VCM3 to update so the lights can actually turn on.. So frustrating.

Reactions: Archer2500

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,542 Posts
At least your VCM came in the box. I installed my buddies and no VCM3 in the box that he waited 3 months for... now they're telling him November for something he paid for in March.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I really want these, even with my Custom Dynamics headlight and adjusting the heck out of it I am not happy with my headlight on the Challenger. Admittedly its not bad but I got really spoiled on the Springfield having the auxiliary driving lights on it, and hindsight being hindsight I feel like my XC's headlight was better too. I'm just waiting on the supply to catch back up before adding myself to the list of those forever waiting on something they paid for.

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Limited
33 Posts
I really want these, even with my Custom Dynamics headlight and adjusting the heck out of it I am not happy with my headlight on the Challenger. Admittedly its not bad but I got really spoiled on the Springfield having the auxiliary driving lights on it, and hindsight being hindsight I feel like my XC's headlight was better too. I'm just waiting on the supply to catch back up before adding myself to the list of those forever waiting on something they paid for.
Same. Maybe next year. I can make it through 2021 without them but I do want them to be added.

·
Premium Member
2021 Indian Challenger Limited (Ruby Metallic)
31 Posts
At least your VCM came in the box. I installed my buddies and no VCM3 in the box that he waited 3 months for... now they're telling him November for something he paid for in March.
Actually it didn't come in the box, they took it out of another bike on the floor.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Been waiting on the mounting brackets for my LEDs since April.

• Sad
Reactions: HERK

·
Registered
22 Posts
My challenger is currently sitting at my dealer because I got the lights and mounts and had the dealer install them when i dropped the bike for my 5K service.. Apparently they are having an issue getting the VCM3 to update so the lights can actually turn on.. So frustrating.
They get you fixed up? My dealer had no issues.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Limited Deepwater
12 Posts
So IS there a fix out in the digital wrench? I'm still waiting as my pathfinders do not work and the dealers says waiting for polaris software update. It's Aug 5th now. Still no functional driving lights.

·
Registered
22 Posts
So IS there a fix out in the digital wrench? I'm still waiting as my pathfinders do not work and the dealers says waiting for polaris software update. It's Aug 5th now. Still no functional driving lights.
Got mine back from shop Tuesday. Lights work great no issues.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Mine has been in the shop 3 times to try and get them working. They first though it was the VCM that came in the kit. They replaced that, and they still won't work. They are saying it looks like digital wrench isn't recognizing the lights. Like you, I'm waiting on Indian/Polaris to figure it out.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
Wow... I feel really bad for you guys and can't believe you (meaning your dealerships) still are having trouble with getting the Pathfinder 3.5 driving lights to work/function. I installed mine myself and had the program downloaded by my dealership on my 2020 Limited since November of 2020. I admit, at first the download didn't work so the dealership contacted Indian/Polaris and got the fix for the download in about a week later.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Limited Deepwater
12 Posts
Stopped bay a dealer Spokane, service guy said there should of been a card(tag) that has the chip program on it. Of course I see no tag or card. I’ll inform the dealer to call Polaris to see if the can get the code/chip card. Does this sound correct?

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you’re talking about the driving lights, there is no card with a chip on it. The VCM that gets installed with the lights needs to be programmed by the dealership using digital wrench. I’m surprised the service tech didn’t know that. Or maybe I shouldn’t be surprised.
I installed these lights myself and had the dealer turn them on via digital wrench. Only problem I’m having is the lights shut off intermittently when I put the bike in gear. Once in gear the lights remain on. Indian is working on a fix for this. Who knows when they’ll release to the dealers.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I guess I should check on mine to see if ai have all the parts.
I can do one better here. I ordered the pathfinder driving light mounts when I bought my CDH back in March. They finally got to the dealer in late June. I went on 3 week vacation and then moved into a new house. Today, I went to install the driving light mounts and the included instructions didn’t make sense. So, I cross referenced the part number for the kit the dealer gave me, and they gave me a pathfinder driving light mount kit for a challenger, not one for my chieftain.
I’m really waiting for the moment when I can honestly say I’m happy with Indian.
I love the bike, ride command is a steaming pile of dog sh*t, and now the dealership gives me the wrong parts after waiting almost 4 months for them.

81 - 100 of 131 Posts