Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No idea why the running lamps won’t turn on even if high beam is off. Only thing done to bike recently was the gear shifter recall.
‘19 Springfield dark horse.

Any ideas appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
There was a similar thread a few weeks ago and as I recall it ended up that both bulbs had blown at the same time. That's the first thing to check, although it sounds odd that both would go at once.

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
Here it is. You're in good company.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There was a similar thread a few weeks ago and as I recall it ended up that both bulbs had blown at the same time. That's the first thing to check, although it sounds odd that both would go at once.
I put the stock working passing lights and still won’t turn on. I’m wondering if the VCM reset at time of gear switch recall is responsible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
It's worth checking with the dealer about the reflash, but it's a weird thing for only these lights to fail.

I'd also spray some contact cleaner into the switch and reach in there and move the wiring around to see if it's worn through from rubbing something.

The problem is identifying the moment of failure. When bulbs blow out we sometimes don't notice for some time, especially if we're riding only in daylight hours.

The fuse system on Canbus is very different from old style electrics. There is one fuse for the VCM controls, which includes the side lights. It's the one in the middle of the fuse box sitting there by itself. If it blows out I'd expect lots of things to fail, but Canbus is an alternate universe (thanks, Rick and Morty) and my training was industrial electrics of the 60s/70s.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts