Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just ordered some mini floorboards for the front and I ordered the passenger peg mounts without the pegs because I was going to try and use the front pegs on the passenger pegs mount.

Just wondering, has anyone tried that? Would that work or are the passenger pegs completely different than the stock front pegs? If not I'll order the passenger pegs but was just trying to save a few bucks.

Thanks!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Obviously the front pegs have a threaded hole for the scrape feeler acorn nut, and it wouldn't surprise me if they are different by a few thousandths of an inch in width at the mount, or have a different size pin and bushing.

In my experience the front pegs were really floppy up and down over bumps and so they would easily lift up if you scrape, but the rear pegs fit more tight in the mount, so that they stayed in position up/down unless you really pushed on them.

I think it will work but they might flop up and down a lot.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply!
I'll try doing it this weekend and yea if it keeps flopping up and down I'll probably just order the pegs.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,086 Posts
I believe the front and rear adapters are different.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts