Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Early joiner
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have very recently bought the Chrome Passenger Peg Supports. Can anyone advise me on how the peg is removed from the support bracket. I am not sure if the retainer ring fitted to the peg post is a circlip and therefore will require removal to allow the pin to slide out from the peg and bracket OR if the retainer on the pin is simply a spring clip and will compress and allow the pin to be pushed out when the pin is driven out through the peg post. Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Glen

·
Registered
179 Posts
Haven't taken a close look at it, but I am guessing it is a spiral wound clip like Victory uses. I had to use a bright light and a pair of cheater glasses to find the edge. of the clip. Get the edge of a small slotted screwdriver under the edge and then unwind the clip. The first one was tough.

·
Early joiner
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haven't taken a close look at it, but I am guessing it is a spiral wound clip like Victory uses. I had to use a bright light and a pair of cheater glasses to find the edge. of the clip. Get the edge of a small slotted screwdriver under the edge and then unwind the clip. The first one was tough.
You were spot on thanks Zen. The clip was indeed a tiny spiral wound type and was a challenge to unfasten but time, patience and a light with magnifier lense all helped. So many thanks for your advice mate.

Glen

·
Early joiner
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is a photo depicting the type of spiral circlip that is used on the passenger peg pins for future reference to this post.
Spirolox-External-2-Turn-Retaining-Ring.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts