Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I haven't done an intro post, I guess this is my first thread.

Question: Since it appears that the passenger pegs mount to the forward end of the swingarm, does the passenger feel/notice the movement of the swingarm while underway?

Question 2: How tight is the space between the passenger's feet and the rider's legs? Any issue with their feet/boots and the rear header?

Thx!

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Welcome!
Lets see the bike!
to your questions,

1. No. Its so far up on the pivot point, to be perceived.

2. Pretty roomy. No.

Cheers!:)

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, @Hatt-

Well...don't have one yet. I'm in the OCD shopping process, and that's one of the questions that I'd come up with. I'm doing pretty well with "search" on the others...

·
Registered
361 Posts
Welcome to the neighborhood!

I've had stock passenger pegs on my Scout since I got it. No real issues with them from passengers while riding. Only thing I have noticed is that when I start off and move my feet from ground to rider pegs, I frequently can feel the toe of my Missus' boot in my calf. Depends on which boots she wears on how much I notice it -- she has these Ariat Fat Baby boots that seem to cause contact way more than her others. (She wears a size 8, if that matters.). After a while she learned to compensate a bit by scooting her feet back a. Little when I stop, so that there isn't any interference for me when we start moving. Once I get my feet up, then she moves her feet back forward on the pegs again.

Reactions: AlienOne

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
The scouts faults, are eclipsed ten fold by its plusses.. ive ridden most of them.. the scout with no doubt...
If you going across the country and ride mainly 2 up, is about the only thing that can disqualify the scout.
The passenger is out of "your way", but the bikes suspension is what limits its 2up abilities to a partime category...

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I gather that about the suspension. Fortunately, we're both on the "compact" side, so we may be able to do the shocks first and wait on the forks.

When we get one, of course...;)

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
I gather that about the suspension. Fortunately, we're both on the "compact" side, so we may be able to do the shocks first and wait on the forks.

Thats a big help!!! suspension will go far then in that category..
Now, F&$#ING BUY ONE!
Cheers!

·
Registered
743 Posts
Me and my girl put together are about 260lbs. I put Ikons on the back and bottomed out one time going over RR tracks. Not sure about the comfort of the Indian Passenger Pillion. I have a Mustang on mine. When we stop,she rotates her toes out till we got going.
image.jpg

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
My Wife does not care to ride 2 up on the Scout but she is spoiled by many miles on my Previous Ultra Classic and my Present Victory XC .. My Daughter loves riding the scout says feels more connected to riding the road with me and has no complaints on the OEM Pillion and Passenger Pegs that are installed on it ..

·
Senior member / gold
6,220 Posts

Welcome to the forum Cog. Yes I know you haven't got one yet but I gotta tell you a couple of things. Get red! Red is faster. Ask anyone with a red bike, even if it's not a Scout. And when you get that red Scout, check the Vin number. It's a free lunch from Alpal if it's 10,000! You will need to submit a pic for proof! And lastly Suspension. Yes a definite yes on that. PM Darkscout, the Guru of Scout suspension and he will put you right. And do both the front and back together for the perfect ride. I figure it this way. The Scout suspension is average ( or below) at best. So you throw on spme DS rear shocks. What have you done? You have taken a bike with unmatch front and rear suspension and INCREASED the difference in ride-ability between the two, thus worsening what you were trying to fix. Ikon front springs do not cost the earth, can be fitted by the DIY Guy and with Darkscout's guidance you will have a bike that will take on any road surface. Which you will need if you are going two up. What else can I tell you? Ronnie is funny and has bought a second Scout via spare parts and now needs a shed bigger than Texas to put them in, Hatt is comical too, thinks outside the box, Roll On laughs all ALL my jokes and by his latest avatar has a cool beard which I have always wanted but could never grow, Darkscout is the most down to earth Auzzie you will ever meet, his posts are always fun and come in code which makes it fun figuring out what he just said, Jay is Jay who seems to be one smooth calm dude, and why? Easy, his Scout is red AND he owns a Victory too. Good old Brian, a voice if sanity in the darkness, then there is Shiver who always entertains with her posts, as well as Maggie and Meggie and whose that cheeky one from England? Watch out for them all. They are a good crew. But there are plenty more I have missed. Funny how when you put yourself on the spot you forget so much. So for all those that I have missed, do accept my apologies,as after all, there is now well over 10,000 members here. Enjoy the bike and enjoy the forum, inparticular the guys and girls in it because it's them that make this the best damn bike forum in the Universe.

03:10 in the morning and a ride at 06:00. I'm tired and I guess it shows! Buy the bike! Ride the tyres off it! And when you're not riding, enjoy the forum and the neat people in it. Catch ya Buddy,
Alpal

·
Registered
25 Posts
Welcome to the forum Cog. Yes I know you haven't got one yet but I gotta tell you a couple of things. Get red! Red is faster. Ask anyone with a red bike, even if it's not a Scout. And when you get that red Scout, check the Vin number. It's a free lunch from Alpal if it's 10,000! TRUNCATED.
Alpal
Way past 10 grand. Purchased my ABS Scout on July 1 this year. Number 15515.

·
Senior member / gold
6,220 Posts

·
Senior member / gold
6,220 Posts
Way past 10 grand. Purchased my ABS Scout on July 1 this year. Number 15515.
I know Doc, the numbers are up there now but that Vin 10,000 is out there somewhere. Come on Guy or Girl! Aren't you hungry?,.....
Alpal

·
Senior member / gold
6,220 Posts
I bought my red scout abs in early April (Bike was still in the box) and it's number 11538 (last 5 of the VIN)
Hi Randallphoto,

That number of yours is up there with the biggest! Could even be the biggest. All those Scouts out there and I have yet to see one on the road other than my own!
Alpal

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Hi Randallphoto,

That number of yours is up there with the biggest! Could even be the biggest. All those Scouts out there and I have yet to see one on the road other than my own!
Alpal
I actually saw a silver smoke scout like mine on Colfax a couple of weeks ago.

Granted he was pulling into the dealership where I was waiting for the tech to finish checking the rear brake master cylinder as per recall, but that's beside the point: He was riding up Colfax when I first saw him so he was on the road.

Of course, a week or so after I go in to take care of the first recall I hear about the 2nd one... now I have to go back. And probably hang out over by the Springfields. Again.

Reactions: Alpal
1 - 19 of 19 Posts