Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Silver member
4,832 Posts
Not the most elegant maybe, but I like it.

Angled grinder, rattle can, and two door panel caps.

IMG_6933.png
IMG_6931.jpeg

IMG_6923.jpeg

·
Diamond member
9,068 Posts
Good ideas and executions!
I left mine on.. good thing I did,
I like girls And girls like my FTR.
I've had 3 of them on the back of this thing already..
Sounds stupid, but all three asked like it was my high school days... "can I have a ride?"
Definitely the bike.. sure as shit ain't me..I haven't had that many requests in years, let alone that many in just over a month..

·
Diamond member
9,068 Posts
I don’t want girls on the back... (or boys).
What Are you, an incel? :p:D.. I hate riding two up as well, (that's why my girl rides her own) but if I girl asks me to take her around the block I'll gladly do it.. heck, 2 girls I took for a short around d the hood ride, in the last year are now riders because of it! More proud yet, one now even runs a Ninja 1200 on the strip with 235hp on nitrous!

This is Amanda's bike! Very proud!
Screenshot_20190822-104850_1.jpg

·
Silver member
4,832 Posts
Faaaak that’s cool.

I did take my son and daughter for a ride before I removed the pegs. They both love it.

If I wanted to take someone on the back I’d get an Africa Twin, BMW GS or something like that. On a bike as small (!) as the FTR riding with a duo fks up the balance. Btdt

·
Diamond member
9,068 Posts
Faaaak that’s cool.

I did take my son and daughter for a ride before I removed the pegs. They both love it.

If I wanted to take someone on the back I’d get an Africa Twin, BMW GS or something like that. On a bike as small (!) as the FTR riding with a duo fks up the balance. Btdt
I hear Ya, truth be told, if I had to do the 2 up thing, I wouldn't ride.. I dislike it that much..
I actually like the look of the pegs on, and I've found it a great helmet hook! Lol
OK, back on track!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Not quite on topic but for those that put the Protaper pegs on, how did you accomplish this? I can't even locate the small c clip in the diagram. Any help would be appreciated!!

·
Silver member
4,832 Posts
After I cut the whole peg off, I tried to remove the clip. Fak my eyes are too old for this...(I failed)

·
Diamond member
9,068 Posts
Since I never reuse them, I use either a solder iron, or small pencil torch on the non split end. They sometimes open on their own with the heat, or at least makes them non sprung which makes them come off quite easy.

·
Read Only
636 Posts
The retainer is called a spiral lock ring and yes they can be a pain to remove unless you're familiar with the removal and installation of these.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts