Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!
I’m trying to locate a backrest (surprise gift) for my hubby’s 2020 challenger dark horse- but hopefully looking to avoid the 900$+ price tag for the rest and pad (looking for 12-14 inch!)

I’m slightly confused with what I’m reading- it seems that the fits of many of the bikes are similar (I.e the chieftain ones fit the challenger models, Springfield etc) but does anyone have a tried and true aftermarket? There doesn’t seem to be much out there labelled for the challenger, but definitely a lot for the chief!
I’m in Canada, but willing to shop cross border if they’ll ship! Looking for black if possible!
Thank you so much in advance for helping me! 🥰

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Dark Horse
55 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts

I also have the Motherwell but the taller 14 inch version in gloss black. It is well made and I do recommend it, but I wish the rack was a little larger. They are located just across the border in Ferndale, WA, so I expect they do a lot of business in Canada.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I put a Grasshopper back rest on my previous Harley, now have one on my Challenger. I think the backrest & simplified mounting bracket was eighty something. I'm very pleased with it. Here is a link:

·
Registered
2020 Challenger base model
56 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi all!
I’m trying to locate a backrest (surprise gift) for my hubby’s 2020 challenger dark horse- but hopefully looking to avoid the 900$+ price tag for the rest and pad (looking for 12-14 inch!)

I’m slightly confused with what I’m reading- it seems that the fits of many of the bikes are similar (I.e the chieftain ones fit the challenger models, Springfield etc) but does anyone have a tried and true aftermarket? There doesn’t seem to be much out there labelled for the challenger, but definitely a lot for the chief!
I’m in Canada, but willing to shop cross border if they’ll ship! Looking for black if possible!
Thank you so much in advance for helping me! 🥰
I went with Motherwell. its a great backrest at much better price! i also live in Canada and they shipped to me no problems at all.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I went with Motherwell. its a great backrest at much better price! i also live in Canada and they shipped to me no problems at all.
Just curious what finish you went with. I couldn't find any pictures of the matte or ... The other black one. I am looking at motherwell as a viable option.

·
Registered
61 Posts
If you can find a good one on eBay like some of them have posted that your best bet. I got one that didn’t fit but it was my fault and caused issues. I ended up just buying the mid back rest frame from Indian and I bought the cushion from eBay. Altogether I want to say it was roughly run for 500 to 550. The issue that I found was all the ones from eBay didn’t have the plastic inserts that was needed to pop it in, and Indian didn’t sell it around me separate which was frustrating. However, my wife loves having that back support and I kind of ride like a ASS**** and she loves that having to hang on so tight!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Just curious what finish you went with. I couldn't find any pictures of the matte or ... The other black one. I am looking at motherwell as a viable option.
I bought the Motherwell "shorty" sissybar & passenger back pad with luggage rack for my Challenger. At that time it was only available in gloss black. Had it been available in chrome I would have bought the chrome one cause I'm kinda a chrome whore LOL but, I'm very pleased with the gloss black and now wouldn't want it in chrome even if it were available in chrome.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts