Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that are looking for a passenger backrest luggage rack, the Indian site now shows them as being available for purchase on their site now.

Thought I would pass it on for those that are interested.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Anyone know when Indian /Polaris will get some accessories- I've been waiting for over a month for the Passenger Back Rest w/ Cushion and the Windshield bag. This is crazy- My Vintage wants to be decked out - How about the stage 1 w/ Pipes- any info on performance enhancement??? Have to pay extra fro Concho on the windshield bag is NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!Still love the bike and the smooth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BDB, The new accessories are coming out but slowly...

The new desert tan leather items are not out as yet but, hopefully soon.

You can read many write-ups on the Stage 1, there are also some posted before/after dyno's.

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
I called to see if they came in yet a few weeks ago. I told the parts guy to put my name on one when they came in. He said I would have to pay for it first. I called my friend who is Operations manager and asked him to put my name on one when they came in. He said he would. When he told the parts guy to put my name on one, he questioned about paying up front. My friend told him put his name on it and call him when it comes in and he will come down and get it. Builder has been waiting for one since September of 2013 when he picked up his bike. They put my name on it and called me last week. I went down there and got it. I told him to find a service manual for a Scout. He couldn't find it. I told him to keep trying and if he can find one to order it and I will come and get it. He said fine. It pays to go above peoples heads now and then.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I got my stage one and fish tails with the bike. I just got my back rest and tan pad today.
The back rack is on back order. After 800 miles I want pull back handle bars now.

·
Early joiner
11 Posts
I have the backrest and luggage rack, (short version with black pad) from my Chieftain for sale if anyone is interested.
Used twice and is just like new.
Sell for 30% off list price.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Last year I bought a new Harley Ultra Limited. These Rushmore bikes included new fairings, windshields, electronics, tourpak and liquid-cooled heads. The accessories were just as slow to launch from The Motor Company. My point is, this isn't just a Polaris issue, but rather it seems to be the case with many new roll-outs. I just bought my 2015 Vintage Saturday (340 miles already, two days later), and I'm currently waiting on driver and passenger back rests, heated grips and windshield bag. BTW - I still have the Ultra.

Steve

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Last year I bought a new Harley Ultra Limited. These Rushmore bikes included new fairings, windshields, electronics, tourpak and liquid-cooled heads. The accessories were just as slow to launch from The Motor Company. My point is, this isn't just a Polaris issue, but rather it seems to be the case with many new roll-outs. I just bought my 2015 Vintage Saturday (340 miles already, two days later), and I'm currently waiting on driver and passenger back rests, heated grips and windshield bag. BTW - I still have the Ultra.

Steve
Might research this, but I have heard, that to upgrade to the heated grips , you need a new or addittional control module as well, that is not listed on the website, but as I said in the beginning not sure, just heard scuttle butt, would be nice to know though.

·
Registered
716 Posts
didn't like the wait, or the price Of the Indian back rest so I came up with a different idea. I bought a combination back rest/luggage rack for a Suzuki boluvard on eBay for 48 dollars, fortunately they had all the measurements on the site. I fabricated a quick release setup and recovered the pad with some leather from an old hunting vest.looks decent and total cost around 60 bucks. Hope my pics will post.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Nice work RD -- you should consider cranking some out over the winter. They look good and you could sell them for half of what Polaris asks! ;)

·
Registered
2,543 Posts

Steve
I was all set to buy the Ultra ltd. and then pulled the trigger when I saw the Chieftain.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Got everything I needed from the Sturgis dealer! Call them up!!! No waiting! at least at the time I purchased NDN Joe!!!!

·
Registered
716 Posts
Help
If anyone with the factory passenger backrest could measure the dimensions of the pad only, I would really appreciate it ,I am in the process of building my second one and could use the original specs. I would go to the dealership, but they are in las Vegas about 100 miles from here.
Thanks Rod Wilson

1 - 20 of 32 Posts