Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Great idea, was the 1/2 inch sufficient or would you recommend a little wider?

·
Registered
2020 Roadmaster 116 stage 2
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great idea, was the 1/2 inch sufficient or would you recommend a little wider?
For mine it was perfect. Going a little over 1/2 inch wouldnt hurt. On mine after the machine work the blocks were just a sliver under a 1/2 inch but were perfect.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Are you making more ??

·
Registered
86 Posts
I probably could, its aircraft quality aluminum.
Excellent, what would you be willing to make me a set slightly thicker, I am happy to pay you for your time and material including postage to Australia, as you already know what your doing :) and obviously have the machinery to make an excellent finished product. Look forward to hearing from you.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What year is your bike? Mines a 19, and the passenger armrests look they're a couple inches more forward than yours....
2018. I was on the waiting list because they were on back order. By the looks of mine they dont look right. Yours look way better .

·
Registered
350 Posts
For mine it was perfect. Going a little over 1/2 inch wouldnt hurt. On mine after the machine work the blocks were just a sliver under a 1/2 inch but were perfect.
I just re-installed my passenger armrest on a new RM that I picked up yesterday. Did you have to get longer bolts for those than stock?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I just re-installed my passenger armrest on a new RM that I picked up yesterday. Did you have to get longer bolts for those than stock?
Hi Mike
What year is the bike and do you have any images of the arm rests? I am waiting on my 2020RM to be delivered so reading up on things that can be addressed :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
my arm rests came on my 2019 Roadmaster. I removed them and after I purchased the 2020 Roadmaster I re-installed. 4 bolts
So i the passenger arm rest rubbed on the trunk lid or scuffing the leather when opening and closing the lid? Just wondering if i need to make the spacers?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
After checking more, I was sent the wrong Passenger Arm Rest. I was on the waiting list and got the email saying the arm rest were available so I ordered. So pissed write now. They were for the wife for Christmas and was just able to install them couple weeks ago. I email Indian and hope they make it write.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I bet the ones you recieved were for the Classic. It has a different trunk. Item # 2880032-156 is for hard trunk and Item #2880759 would be for the Classic/ leather trunk.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts