Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just dawned on me my Chieftain couldashouldawoulda used a Tour Pak. How do you
say 'Why didn't I think of that' in INDIANspeak?

Ans.: 'we will nickel-and-dime 'em for it..later.' - Morty

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
When the Victory Cross Country was first introduced as a 2010 model I anxiously awaited a Factory Demo Tour at my local Vic dealer. After riding the Cross Country I was interviewed on camera about my impressions of the bike. One of my observations was that to be a true Cross Country motorcycle it needed front fairing lowers and a trunk. I waited until the Cross Country Tour was introduced and was one of the first to purchase one. I am now on my second XCT and really love the bike. When the Indian Chieftain was introduced I again waited anxiously for the Factory Demo Tour to come to my dealer, fortunately it was a short wait because I live in MN and we had one of the first Demo Tours in the country. My first impressions were again that this bike needed at the very least a trunk to be a true touring bike. When The Chieftain Tour is introduced I will be one of the first in line. I guess what I am trying to say is that with a little patience you can get all of the things you want at a reduced price when it is packaged together.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
6900 said:
When the Victory Cross Country was first introduced as a 2010 model I anxiously awaited a Factory Demo Tour at my local Vic dealer. After riding the Cross Country I was interviewed on camera about my impressions of the bike. One of my observations was that to be a true Cross Country motorcycle it needed front fairing lowers and a trunk. I waited until the Cross Country Tour was introduced and was one of the first to purchase one. I am now on my second XCT and really love the bike. When the Indian Chieftain was introduced I again waited anxiously for the Factory Demo Tour to come to my dealer, fortunately it was a short wait because I live in MN and we had one of the first Demo Tours in the country. My first impressions were again that this bike needed at the very least a trunk to be a true touring bike. When The Chieftain Tour is introduced I will be one of the first in line. I guess what I am trying to say is that with a little patience you can get all of the things you want at a reduced price when it is packaged together.
Exactly, I pieced together my 10' XC and I'm not going that route again even though I like my set-up better than the factory Tour model.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When the indian gets tour pack. Will probley buy one until then We will ride the wheel off the vision (if we can the thing together).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I definitely know they are coming. There is a plug under the seat that is not being used so I looked it up in my service manual and it is listed as trunk.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I believe that Indian will come out with a trunk-equipped model, probably next year in the 2015 lineup. Those who go on long rides will appreciate that featue. For me, 90% of my riding are short trips where the Chieftain's saddlebags are adequate and once the passenger backrest/luggage rack comes in (in two months hopefully) I'll have a detachable bag added as well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
6900 said:
Me too
Rode the XC and wanted more weather protection and a trunk....
I decided to wait for the total package.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts