Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Indian Scout Sixty
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Indian Scout Sixty 2 weeks ago and had specific parts included in the deal. Checked today and they are still on back order. Anyone else facing this?

·
Premium Member
2020 Indian Scout Sixty
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I totally understand the Covid thing. I just wanted to know if others are having the same problem

·
Registered
561 Posts
Our showroom is empty
Its gonna be bit before dealers start getting inventory again

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts
I got my Indian Scout Sixty 2 weeks ago and had specific parts included in the deal. Checked today and they are still on back order. Anyone else facing this?
happened to me. I custom ordered a Scout Bobber from factory and added several add ons...mini apes, brake/clutch cable kit, highway/crash bars and when my bike arrived (5 weeks after ordering) they only had the crash bars. I actually had to install the crash bars myself because the dealer "was too busy". I have to wait until mid-july before getting the mini apes installed. Sucks cause when you custom order a bike you expect to get it built like your ordered it.

·
Premium Member
2020 Indian Scout Sixty
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All in all, I’m stoked to have her! I guess I just need to look at it as Christmas...hopefully in July!

·
Rider
373 Posts
I went to the dealer for the recall on the gear switch. Thought I'd check out the new bikes while I was there. They didn't have any 2020 bikes just 2019. Most of them had a $1000. dollar discount.

·
Registered
185 Posts
When I got my bobber (a month ago) I had wanted the passenger seat and pegs as well. They had the pegs in stock and I got those right away but the seat they found out was backordered. It took a couple of weeks but they were able to find the seat at another dealership. Maybe your dealership would be willing to make some calls and see if other locations had the parts you needed. It is worth a shot. You miss 100% of the shots you never take.

·
Rider
1,343 Posts
All in all, I’m stoked to have her! .....
And so you should be! Ride safely and enjoy her!

Mate of mine over here got rear ended on a bike that was only 6 weeks old. Slow impact damage as the bumper of the Honda CRV went between the rear wheel and fender and folded everything upward. Impact was about 20mph.

The bike has been collected and insurance repair approved. All the parts to rectify which are pre-painted are on backorder and what's more two dealerships had informed him due to the backlog of having been closed it will be 8-10 weeks before they can even look at it. That's the best part of his Summer riding season written off.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have a wrecked Chieftain Classic in my shop, ordered inner and outer fairings, both saddlebags, a fender and assorted parts, Painted parts can take time in normal conditions, this ought to be interesting as if I can get this bike up before winter.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I ordered a replacement outer fairing for my 2019 Chieftain which had a late September ship date. It arrived yesterday so sometimes you get lucky.

Tim

Reactions: GatorGirl

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
I totally understand the Covid thing. I just wanted to know if others are having the same problem
Yes It is. Not only with Indian but with many suppliers of things that have close ties to "non essential" goods. I'm looking for things for all my bikes. I can usually get everything from one supplier. In this case I have tracking numbers from like 8 places in order to get the things I need for the season.
Sadly, we will likely feel more effects of the shut down in the coming months, than we did thus far.
We were operating on the surplus of stock for the fist bit. as consumption continued, the supplies dwindled.
Suppliers that are allowed, will take a bit to catch back up, and since some are still shut down, there will be be some empty shelves for the near future.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts