Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a while back there was a list of factory parts like bearings and such that was converted to after market parts does anyone know the name of the thread and what catorgory it was under
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2021 Roadmaster Icon
64 Posts

·
Bronze member
2,988 Posts
I think I mentioned this in the past,but I'll mention it again: Many of the parts used on the two wheelers are the same as the parts used in the automobile.So what the MC companies are doing is,buying the parts made for the automobile,rebrand em,"MARK EM WAY UP",and then,"STICK IT" to the unsuspecting motorcycle owner.

Case in point: I just received the fuel pump I bought for my SDH [as a just incase] thanks to the info [part number] another gentleman on here recently posted.Why?? Cause I had a fuel pump failure on my Triumph,and thanks to a gentleman on the Triumph site,he posted the part number for that pump which was also used in the automobile [same exact part] ,so I bought it,[as a just incase] and sure enough,right at the 100,000 mile mark,my pump started making all kind of noise,meaning,eminent failure.So,since I had it in stock, I changed it,which saved me a lot of embarrassment,not to mention, money.Follow me??

But this is NOT for everyone,only those who are mechanically inclined and capable of doing the work. Dave!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts