Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a leftover 2017 Chieftain at the end of December, had the Stage 3 installed, and didn't bring it home from the dealer until two weeks ago. Got it home to the garage, hooked it up to a battery tender and let it be for a week. Started the bike last Friday, and it barely turned. Shut the bike off and no restart...
Took it in yesterday, got the re-flash to correct the parasitic drain, a new battery installed and all is now good. Engine now spins as it should when cranking.
I'd like to call out Wagner Indian of Central Mass for taking me in without an appointment yesterday and getting me back on the road within a couple of hours. The store and shop were both slammed as you might imagine on the first decent weather day we've had this Spring. They did me right!
BTW- the Stage 3 kit is awesome, I'll post more impressions after break in.

·
Bronze member
1,678 Posts
Bought a leftover 2017 Chieftain at the end of December, had the Stage 3 installed, and didn't bring it home from the dealer until two weeks ago. Got it home to the garage, hooked it up to a battery tender and let it be for a week. Started the bike last Friday, and it barely turned. Shut the bike off and no restart...
Took it in yesterday, got the re-flash to correct the parasitic drain, a new battery installed and all is now good. Engine now spins as it should when cranking.
I'd like to call out Wagner Indian of Central Mass for taking me in without an appointment yesterday and getting me back on the road within a couple of hours. The store and shop were both slammed as you might imagine on the first decent weather day we've had this Spring. They did me right!
BTW- the Stage 3 kit is awesome, I'll post more impressions after break in.
Good to here. I’ve visited there a few times.

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Got the Reflash for the Drain and also a New Starter as well from Indian of Ocala .. Didn't realize the starter was going until cranked it up after the New One, Starts Great Now ..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts