Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

841 - 860 of 918 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
* edited for political content / Hink

It's not that anyone cares, but the constant grinding away with idiotic comments that insinuate that particular people have less intelligence than others is grating, to say the least. We come here to learn about motorcycles, really. When I first visited this site, I was content to ask questions and share information. Nothing more. Then, I noticed that a particular blow hard from southern New Mexico went on about women in a manner that suggested they were not equal when it came to riding or that their contributions should be discounted when making future decisions about sales of motorcycles. And he went on. So I spoke up. And the old man had a shit fit and insinuated that I must be "gay" because, frankly, I thought motorcycle companies needed to learn how to market to women. I fired back. So he said that I must be a communist - I guess because I didn't take his neanderthal approach to women. After that, I thought, well, the gloves are off - I can be nasty, even more so face to face when necessary.

My point is, had his idiotic politically stupid comments been reserved for appropriate places, such as a bar, I would have left it alone. Now the truth in advertising - I love my wife, but honestly, women grate on my nerves, and the older I get, the less tolerant I am of them. But I am not going to dismiss women, democrats, or republicans, out of some mistaken misogynistic or politically affiliated stupidity. And I am not going to remain quiet when others do as well. Cutting a motorcyclist off as you are going down the road, does indeed make one a JACKASS.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
And the big dique thing.... well, nothing to brag about here butt then, I haven't any complaints either, so.... :giggle:
* edited for TMI / inappropriate - irrelevant to topic info. / Hink

Back in the 90s, I went with a wild group of administrators to New Orleans. They insisted I go with them to a drag bar. I literally was pulled into it.

·
Silver member
3,457 Posts
It's called respect. You showed it when you apologized to Hink. The rules of the forum have been clearly stated, multiple times and Hink has shown appropriate policing of this thread. He just gets done saying (for the umpteenth time), "no politics" and then KevIndian goes and drops a turd right in Hink's lap. Yes, Hink has thick skin and can deal with it ... but the Biden comment had zero to do with the thread topic and showed lack of respect for Hink's efforts.
Respect, you nor anyone else on this site needs to give me a lesson on respect. We reap what we sew, right? My principles were questioned and commented on, my ethnic heritage was commented on, my opinions and right to speak and or voice my opinions had been commented on. I admit, I went low and shot back. Maybe not a proper or the best action or reaction with my lib**** comment. I could have and should have used different language. And or, maybe it would have been better had I simply counted to 10, a couple of times, and considered the self righteous source.

I know what the forum rules are, no need to eplain them to me. My point was just as I said... no one really cares, that's all.

·
Bronze member
1,827 Posts
And how is that not a political dig?

Really is amazing how some of these so-called adults can't self-supervise.
have you heard his quote today? explain how that isn't sad. or is it the word sleepy? I get sleepy too you know> I can reword if that helps? besides, imo they are all idiots these day. Politics is a joke, has been for years, both sides.JMO But since some can't "handle the truth and humor I will deete it, hell they can ban for all I care, I don't give a rats azzzz

·
Diamond member
8,814 Posts
Let's get back on track.

Today some more new studies came out reported by CNBC via fauci and the Daily mail and others. in the reporting are the latest studies showing that shutting down has had irreparable damages and may also have helped with MORE infections, not less. It's even mentioned once again the points many of the Drs that have been censored and banned that they are now concerned about weakened immune systems to everyday pathogens while 600 Dr's have petitioned to re open as are seeing alarming rates in suicides.
It seems that the urging now is that we need to open and we were overly cautious, maybe to a fault..

·
Silver member
3,457 Posts
Back in the 90s, I went with a wild group of administrators to New Orleans. They insisted I go with them to a drag bar. @WillyH

Anyways, a somewhat similar story, my 1st x-wife's brother was gay (and I suppose he still is). One nite she says "hey honey, we're going to meet Ray (her gay bro) at a bar tonight". I sez, cool. So we meet brother Ray at the bar, t'was a gay bar. Along with the puny guys, there were some really big badazz looking dudes there. Leather jackets, chains hanging off'm, tats... big ol' pirates LOL. After a couple of drinks I had to go pee pee. So, being a bit intimidated by some of them big ol' pirates, I saunter up to Ray and said, hey I gotta go pee pee, mind going with me? He laughed his ass off, doubled over and tears running down his cheeks... and he made me go to the potty all by myself LOL.

·
Founding member
1,922 Posts
Respect, you nor anyone else on this site needs to give me a lesson on respect. We reap what we sew, right? My principles were questioned and commented on, my ethnic heritage was commented on, my opinions and right to speak and or voice my opinions had been commented on. I admit, I went low and shot back. Maybe not a proper or the best action or reaction with my lib**** comment. I could have and should have used different language. And or, maybe it would have been better had I simply counted to 10, a couple of times, and considered the self righteous source.

I know what the forum rules are, no need to eplain them to me. My point was just as I said... no one really cares, that's all.
Wasn't directing the respect issue at you - I noted that you showed respect to Hink ... my issue was with the Biden comment that initiated Telescopes and your response.

·
Silver member
3,457 Posts
Wasn't implicating you - I noted that you provided respect to Hink ... my issue was with the other comment that initiated Telescopes and your response.
Hink shows respect, so he gets it in return. .... We are all entitled to our opinions. Rock on :giggle:

edit in;;; And I was not implicating you in my post #845 regarding comments about my principles, ethnicity, freedom to express my thoughts, bla bla bla. That said, I'm thru explaining myself. Again, rock on, be well, and live long & prosper (y)

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
The answer is and should be.... closet, what closet.... I throw my dirty clothes on the right side of the bed and grab my clean ones from the same pile..:p

·
Bronze member
2,705 Posts
Thank you both and all. We are both good overall. She is healthy throughout this all so far. I feel fine now, just waiting. It just gets old, but we count our blessings. I need to get back to work!
I plan to get out of the route sales vending business 1-3 years tops. our goal is to travel via my HD dually, toy hauler to be bought (we have a 5th wheel for now). She will be able to do a cancer registrar from home or on the road. I just finished two courses for RV tech & inspection for our own RV use and to do part-time RV Mobil tech-inspections down the road. We have plans and goals if this wacky world and the good Lord allows!
I've been using my toy hauler for industrial shut downs for years,I've never heard of mobile tech inspection.
Please explain what that entails.
Very curious,thanks.

·
Super Moderator
10,393 Posts
Re the complaint to a moderator ( not necessarily me but via the ”report post” mechanism and I just happened to field it), the main one came from a guy who has not been in this fray. He’s a moderator on another forum and just thought the toxicity level had reached a point where it was time to shut things down. We have had complaints about people leaving cuz this forum has became too toxic with personal attacks, etc. He was not taking sides in the dispute.

This pandemic is going to be with us until we get a vaccine. The absolute earliest I’ve heard is September, but most put it at December -March. That means it is going to be a huge part of all of our lives until then. And we need to be able to talk about major stuff that impacts our rides and our daily lives. It is best IMHO that we keep that discussion in one place, and this thread is it.

That means that I will do everything I can to keep this thread going, as long as people are discussing the pandemic. I aporeciate @WillyH ’s apology. It’s a good example of how we can cross a line, then step back. And the discussion moves on.

·
Rider
484 Posts
This pandemic is going to be with us until we get a vaccine. The absolute earliest I’ve heard is September, but most put it at December -March. That means it is going to be a huge part of all of our lives until then. And we need to be able to talk about major stuff that impacts our rides and our daily lives. It is best IMHO that we keep that discussion in one place, and this thread is it.
This one is in Stage 1 (of 3) showing good progress:

·
Silver member
3,457 Posts
The answer is and should be.... closet, what closet.... I throw my dirty clothes on the right side of the bed and grab my clean ones from the same pile..:p
A bit of poetry for you, by Kris Kristofferson ;)

Well, I woke up Sunday morning
With no way to hold my head that didn't hurt.
And the beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad,
So I had one more for dessert.
Then I fumbled in my closet through my clothes
And found my cleanest dirty shirt.
Then I washed my face and combed my hair
And stumbled down the stairs to meet the day.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
A bit of poetry for you, by Kris Kristofferson ;)

Well, I woke up Sunday morning
With no way to hold my head that didn't hurt.
And the beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad,
So I had one more for dessert.
Then I fumbled in my closet through my clothes
And found my cleanest dirty shirt.
Then I washed my face and combed my hair
And stumbled down the stairs to meet the day.
Great minds think a like. That's exactly the song that went through my head when I wrote that post. Kris Kristofferson wasn't a questionable man with a questionable closet, that's for sure.

·
Bronze member
2,220 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Wow. I am SO glad to be adult enough to realize none of these “laws” is actually a rule, and they don’t matter at all! They are not infantile - infants don’t give a rat’s ass what anyone thinks of their demands. But these “laws” are juvenile, as only that pre-teen and teen age is so hung up on how they appear to others (and even a number of them don’t care what others think).

“How will others judge me? Will they think I’m not a ‘man’? And if they don’t think I am, I must not be...!” We’ve got an example at the top who worries constantly how others judge him.

Pick any of these asinine “laws,” and they’re all based on how one appears to others. Grocery bags. Urinal spacing. And so on... I’ve seen all these so-called rules “violated” and I have never witnessed another man’s genitals fall off, nor wings or unicorn horns or a rainbow popping up instantaneously. These “laws” and the thoughts of others don’t matter.

Be “man” enough to be confidant in yourself. The weak link is letting others judge you. If you live by these “laws,” that’s when you’ll know you fail to measure up.

·
Silver member
3,457 Posts
Now to the point of the thread... some doctors say the virus targets obese people and overweight people disproportionately in terms of mortality and if that is the case, the human race may find that the resulting average "size" of the male anatomy is ...bigger.:)

See where focusing on politics can take you? Do we REALLY want to open that... closeted door. Do we?
More food....Food good....
me-im-on-a-diet-inner-me-you-fat-anyway-27321586.jpg

·
Silver member
3,457 Posts
Wow. I am SO glad to be adult enough to realize none of these “laws” is actually a rule, and they don’t matter at all! They are not infantile - infants don’t give a rat’s ass what anyone thinks of their demands. But these “laws” are juvenile, as only that pre-teen and teen age is so hung up on how they appear to others (and even a number of them don’t care what others think).

“How will others judge me? Will they think I’m not a ‘man’? And if they don’t think I am, I must not be...!” We’ve got an example at the top who worries constantly how others judge him.

Pick any of these asinine “laws,” and they’re all based on how one appears to others. Grocery bags. Urinal spacing. And so on... I’ve seen all these so-called rules “violated” and I have never witnessed another man’s genitals fall off, nor wings or unicorn horns or a rainbow popping up instantaneously. These “laws” and the thoughts of others don’t matter.

Be “man” enough to be confidant in yourself. The weak link is letting others judge you. If you live by these “laws,” that’s when you’ll know you fail to measure up.
I think A-58 posted it as kind of a phunny.

841 - 860 of 918 Posts