Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

821 - 840 of 918 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,395 Posts
Hey guys I’m sposed to be riding today (julie is watching our disabled son). I got two formal reports on this thread and one call to shut it down. I a am going to do a fast cleanup and then I’m riding. I will fine tune later.

• thread stays open
  • politics verboten
  • personal attacks verboten.
But you guys know those last two, right? Broken record....

·
Super Moderator
10,395 Posts
And no more use of the term “libtard“ or “Trumptard.” These terms are personally offensive to those of us with special needs kids. They’re a spin-off of the term “retard” which is like using the “N” word with Afro-Americans.

I will delete it every time. I see it again in this thread there will be more serious action.

———————————
’Nuff said — I’m riding,

·
Bronze member
2,690 Posts
Well, I'm sure you stuck to your principles and tore the check up, right? Seems like to the sensible thing to do to make sure you don't contribute to the problem.
Mine went to the Salvation Army.
Well I was going to spend it on my moto but things change. Now, my principles are none of your concern. Butt, seeing as my principles are on your mind, the majority of it will go to my daughter and her family as she and her hubby (with 3 kids under 6 yrs old) have been jobless for the past couple of months.... (y)
we received one for my dead mother in-law... after doing research you basically can keep it... we sent it back

·
Registered
768 Posts
"Of all the teachings we receive, this one is most important: Nothing belongs to you of what there is, of what you take, you must share."

"We are as much alive as we keep the Earth alive."

"The heart never knows the colour of the skin."

"The time will soon be here when my grandchild will long for the cry of a loon, the flash of a salmon, the whisper of spruce needles, or the screech of an eagle. But he will not make friends with any of these creatures and when his heart aches with longing, he will curse me. Have I done all to keep the air fresh? Have I cared enough about the water? Have I left the eagle to soar in freedom? Have I done everything I could to earn my grandchild's fondness?"

- Chief Dan George

Thanks for giving me the curiosity to look him up @Wyattsdad!

His 'Lament for Confederation' soliloquy is worth a read:
‘The words of the late, great, Colonel Sanders..... I’m too drunk to taste this chicken.

~ Ricky Bobby, Taladega Nights

·
Registered
768 Posts
I can’t believe someone actually called Hink about this thread..... get a life whomever you are and don’t be so sensitive. Indianmotorcycles.net is a cruel place at time, but the world is much crueler and unforgiving

·
Silver member
3,457 Posts
I can’t believe someone actually called Hink about this thread..... get a life whomever you are and don’t be so sensitive. Indianmotorcycles.net is a cruel place at time, but the world is much crueler and unforgiving
I was surprised about a formal complaint to a mod too. I figured Hink would bird dog it, as that's what he does, and bring the hammer down if or as he sees fit. I figure if it's too hot in the kitchen, then get out.... I guess some have the need to go tell Mommy.

·
Diamond member
8,814 Posts
I was surprised about a formal complaint to a mod too. I figured Hink would bird dog it, as that's what he does, and bring the hammer down if or as he sees fit. I figure if it's too hot in the kitchen, then get out.... I guess some have the need to go tell Mommy.
now, I know I'm not always the most polite, but I always appeal to be so. And I do believe I pull it off for the most part, and do often see I'm definitely not the worst..

That said, I've been tattled on way more than I have ever in grade school in the last few months, and for really tame stuff. I'm not complaining, I've been treated fairly, but its no surprise to me in this thread that it has happened since it's happened to me, a guy who is generally a milquetoast fence sitter who strives for tact...
I'm surprised that Hink hasn't told us that some one showed up at his house to tell him.. lol

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Really? Complaining about people complaining. This virus isn't political. It's a damned piece of nucleic acid and it can't even replicate by itself. Bringing politics into this is something chosen to do so by people. Let medical professionals give medical advice. Let economists give economic advice. Let motorcyclists give motorcycle advice and let politicians rot along the sides of the roads. All of them. And if you are on a motorcycle, don't stop to help them. Pretending somehow your politics matters on a motorcycle forum is insulting in and of itself. And standing on the side of a cliff bellowing like a hound dog about how RED you are, says only one thing. Yes, get back to work AND work trying to keep each other safe. Is that really too difficult? Oh, I forgot, we have some GD right to call people names who disagree with us, because hey, we have big d^%$Ks.

·
Bronze member
1,827 Posts
goodbye post, sensitivity RULES

·
Bronze member
1,827 Posts

·
Rider
538 Posts
I gotta give props to the Medical Professionals out there... You've had to wear these god forsaken masks since the virus hit the ground here, and for way more hours than I do in any given day. I went back to work on Monday as part of what they're calling the "1st Wave" of people back into the office/shop. Masks, safety glasses, and for those that can't maintain a 6 foot distance, face shields are required PPE. I'm glad to be back tho. I do have to say the novelty of the mask wore off about 45 minutes in on my 1st day back, but I'm still being respectful (don't mean I won't gripe about it tho). In all seriousness, Thanks to all of you Medical Professionals, and to all of the front line workers. Also, Thanks to the soldiers and the veterans on this Memorial Day Weekend, as it's because of you that I'm here with the freedom to write this.

·
Bronze member
2,220 Posts
side note, did you hear sleepy J comment today, oh boy, he-they are in deep trouble with that one
And how is that not a political dig?

Really is amazing how some of these so-called adults can't self-supervise.

·
Silver member
3,457 Posts
Really? Complaining about people complaining. This virus isn't political. It's a damned piece of nucleic acid and it can't even replicate by itself. Bringing politics into this is something chosen to do so by people. Let medical professionals give medical advice. Let economists give economic advice. Let motorcyclists give motorcycle advice and let politicians rot along the sides of the roads. All of them. And if you are on a motorcycle, don't stop to help them. Pretending somehow your politics matters on a motorcycle forum is insulting in and of itself. And standing on the side of a cliff bellowing like a hound dog about how RED you are, says only one thing. Yes, get back to work AND work trying to keep each other safe. Is that really too difficult? Oh, I forgot, we have some GD right to call people names who disagree with us, because hey, we have big d^%$Ks.
Think someone with a medical degree, economics degree, and a road kill / mortician side biz might be able to take care of the whole enchilada? And it would be helpful too if that someone also has negotiating skills and or experience. No suggestion to quell the name calling other than to hope we are all much to adult for that. And the big dique thing.... well, nothing to brag about here butt then, I haven't any complaints either, so.... :giggle:

·
Founding member
1,922 Posts
I doubt anyone really cares.... jus' say'n.
It's called respect. You showed it when you apologized to Hink. The rules of the forum have been clearly stated, multiple times and Hink has shown appropriate policing of this thread. He just gets done saying (for the umpteenth time), "no politics" and then KevIndian goes and drops a turd right in Hink's lap. Yes, Hink has thick skin and can deal with it ... but the Biden comment had zero to do with the thread topic and showed lack of respect for Hink's efforts.

821 - 840 of 918 Posts