Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

801 - 820 of 919 Posts

·
Silver member
3,457 Posts
Because the federal government was asleep at the switch and didn't secure the necessary supply chains that would give everyone the ability to get the proper PPE. Defense Production Act come to mind? Also we shipped tons of supplies out of the country due to ignorance that this was a real issue

That is why hospital staff was begging people to donate masks and then reusing those masks for several days in a row. Have you been sleeping during this discussion...probably covered a few hundred pages ago. It is well documented.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Well, actually my post was kind'a meant to be a funny. Butt to answer your question (highlighted) I've been sleeping only thru about 1/2 of this "discussion".

'nuther question.... our politicians get paid with our tax dollars. If the country doesn't get back to work and generate/pay some tax $$, how are the politicians gonna get paid? My concern is that congress might not have the $$ for jet fuel for their back'n forth flights to DC.

·
Bronze member
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #802
A streetcar conductor in Seattle not allowing passengers aboard without a mask during the Spanish Flu pandemic (1918)
View attachment 590636
11 years later they could be going to the speedboat races. Which got banned in 1984 due to noise.

I used to go out to that for the Seafair festival.

I had heard someone say during a talk about the Spanish flu on C-SPAN that a handkerchief in suit pockets became a fashion after that time.

·
Bronze member
1,827 Posts
Great video that fits my 3 positive test results and now lack of symptoms etc, very interesting info and good watch if you can stand 20 minutes worth. Fits my case to a T....

·
Bronze member
1,827 Posts
So, in other words, they both, all suck. There, I fixed it 🤣

·
Bronze member
2,220 Posts
All this mask stuff... Why didn't uncle sugar send masks to us serfs & peasants along with the $1200 checks?
Look who's name is on the check. Is that the uncle sugar you're referring to?

·
Silver member
3,457 Posts
Look who's name is on the check. Is that the uncle sugar you're referring to?
Yup, the name on the check plus everyone else in DC that believe it's a "fix". It should have been sent only to those who's income was directly affected by the china virus. Bad move on their part and all the rest who thought it was a good idea.

·
Bronze member
1,827 Posts
And here I am four weeks in self-employed with my vending route for a little Debbie, chips and pork skins. No one to run my route...(they do run the little Debbie stops somewhat for me but not the rest and I do not get that income) So no income so far no unemployment benefits. Luckily I’ll be OK $$$ wise for another week or two until I get a negative result, eventually. Three test so far in the last three weeks all of them positive even though I feel fine now. Pretty soon I’m just gonna go back to work regardless. One study shows that the cells in your body hang around even though dead and report as positive and they’re no longer infectious. Let’s hope that’s true

·
Bronze member
1,544 Posts
And here I am four weeks in self-employed with my vending route for a little Debbie, chips and pork skins. No one to run my route...(they do run the little Debbie stops somewhat for me but not the rest and I do not get that income) So no income so far no unemployment benefits. Luckily I’ll be OK $$$ wise for another week or two until I get a negative result, eventually. Three test so far in the last three weeks all of them positive even though I feel fine now. Pretty soon I’m just gonna go back to work regardless. One study shows that the cells in your body hang around even though dead and report as positive and they’re no longer infectious. Let’s hope that’s true
Good luck Kev. Hope it straightens out for you

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Diamond member
8,814 Posts
Speaking of our broken media. Has any seen the new CDC announcement?
The media seem to be playing that one close to their chest....
Can't imagine why......😷

·
Bronze member
2,220 Posts
Yup, the name on the check plus everyone else in DC that believe it's a "fix". It should have been sent only to those who's income was directly affected by the china virus. Bad move on the Donalds part and all the rest who thought it was a good idea.
Well, I'm sure you stuck to your principles and tore the check up, right? Seems like to the sensible thing to do to make sure you don't contribute to the problem.

·
Rider
484 Posts
Yup, the name on the check plus everyone else in DC that believe it's a "fix". It should have been sent only to those who's income was directly affected by the china virus. Bad move on the Donalds part and all the rest who thought it was a good idea.
It was cheaper to send it to everyone than to use the man hours/power to sort through everyone.

·
Silver member
3,457 Posts
Well, I'm sure you stuck to your principles and tore the check up, right? Seems like to the sensible thing to do to make sure you don't contribute to the problem.
Well I was going to spend it on my moto but things change. Now, my principles are none of your concern. Butt, seeing as my principles are on your mind, the majority of it will go to my daughter and her family as she and her hubby (with 3 kids under 6 yrs old) have been jobless for the past couple of months.... (y)

·
Silver member
3,457 Posts
It was cheaper to send it to everyone than to use the man hours/power to sort through everyone.
You could be right. But I would think because the gov. already knows peoples incomes via tax records, they'd be able to determine who's been laid off and get a pretty good idea about who needs the $$.

·
Rider
484 Posts
"Of all the teachings we receive, this one is most important: Nothing belongs to you of what there is, of what you take, you must share."

"We are as much alive as we keep the Earth alive."

"The heart never knows the colour of the skin."

"The time will soon be here when my grandchild will long for the cry of a loon, the flash of a salmon, the whisper of spruce needles, or the screech of an eagle. But he will not make friends with any of these creatures and when his heart aches with longing, he will curse me. Have I done all to keep the air fresh? Have I cared enough about the water? Have I left the eagle to soar in freedom? Have I done everything I could to earn my grandchild's fondness?"

- Chief Dan George

Thanks for giving me the curiosity to look him up @Wyattsdad!

His 'Lament for Confederation' soliloquy is worth a read:

801 - 820 of 919 Posts