Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about going with a Venom air kit. Has anyone painted the TB and manifold if so what paint did you use?
High temp engine paint?
Thanks....

·
Bronze member
2,244 Posts

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thinking about going with a Venom air kit. Has anyone painted the TB and manifold if so what paint did you use?
High temp engine paint?
Thanks....
Yes,I used VHT high temperature satin black paint on both,and looks great after 4 months of use so far.

·
Bronze member
2,244 Posts
Not much ... clean the TB with sensor safe (e.g. MAF) cleaner, then just mask the mouth, the connector and the bottom properly with masking tape and spray on several LIGHT coats with 5 mins in between. Remove masking tape after an hour ... let it cure over night. done.

I used carb cleaner on a soft cotton rag but was very careful to stay on the outside only and away from the plastic parts (connector and pcb cover).

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not much ... clean the TB with sensor safe (e.g. MAF) cleaner, then just mask the mouth, the connector and the bottom properly with masking tape and spray on several LIGHT coats with 5 mins in between. Remove masking tape after an hour ... let it cure over night. done.

I used carb cleaner on a soft cotton rag but was very careful to stay on the outside only and away from the plastic parts (connector and pcb cover).

ok thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts