Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to get a painted script on my Vintage, as I've removed the decals. Any idea what colors would look good, on an all black and chrome look of an Indian Vintage tank?
I like yellow and Red, but will they look good, on underlying gloss black? Thanks!!!

·
Bronze member
3,342 Posts
go with the silver they use on the Limited's... mine is blue and the Silver looks good and I think it looks good on the Black Limited's

·
Silver member
4,805 Posts
Just my opinion but yellow & red would be pretty "loud" on a black bike.... ya'd look like a McDonalds commercial going down the road LOL. The Vintage is a classy bike. If I was going to have script painted on the tank of my '15 Vintage I'd want something that would compliment the bike. Again, just my opinion.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Yes it would. Gold leaf always looks good to me too.
My '14 Classic is gloss black and the painted script on the tank is silver. I think it looks pretty sweet.
If you go with orange you can irritate your Harley buds. :p
As far as other colors go, I would probably look into the darkest red or blue I could find

·
Banned
77 Posts
Thanks! I've always loved the old school hotrod look. I have one more small piece of paint work I would like to have done. And would like to put a set of bumpers on her eventually, but I'm otherwise done with the mods.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts