Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get the inner fairing painted on my Chieftain. The local dealer here in south Florida is quoting me a price of $670. Anyone have this done and whats the going rate? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
That price probably includes removal and installation , they do sell painted inner fairings in the accessories catalog.....:cool::cool::cool:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The price includes removal and reinstall. It also includes the painting of all of the inner fairing. The one in the parts catalog that sells for $550 is just the dashboard covering the area around the speakers, radio, and speedo. Was just curious if anyone else out there was having this done.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I'm looking to get the inner fairing painted on my Chieftain. The local dealer here in south Florida is quoting me a price of $670. Anyone have this done and whats the going rate? Thanks.
I had my body man give me a quote of 200 bucks. That's for a smooth automotive finish and clear coat. Only stipulation is I'd have to take it apart and put it together.o_O

·
Registered
91 Posts
image.jpg

This is what mine looks like.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Looks good. I seen somewhere someone painted the dash also

·
Bronze member
1,245 Posts
Bigal, did you have to drill the dash to mount your GPS? I have tried the double sided sticky tape and it doesn't hold for very long. I have made the mounts, upper and lower and it fits I just didn't want to drill the dash. How is it mounted?

·
Registered
2021 Chief Vintage
532 Posts
Bigal, did you have to drill the dash to mount your GPS? I have tried the double sided sticky tape and it doesn't hold for very long. I have made the mounts, upper and lower and it fits I just didn't want to drill the dash. How is it mounted?
Yes I did nothing will keep there secure no suction Cup,no double side tape

·
Bronze member
1,245 Posts
Thanks Bigal, I was afraid I would have to drill the dash and was trying to avoid it if possible. Your location is exactly where I want mine mounted. Easy to see, easy to program and easy to use. Thanks Amigo

1 - 12 of 12 Posts