Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few custom pieces planning to purchase in the off season but they're gonna need painting. What is the norm for having things color matched? Can a body shop match the paint? Do I get it from Indian? What do others do? Thanks!

·
Bronze member
3,646 Posts
if you go to their site it tells you how to get the paint code... the lead you on a trail for the "part" number like Brilliant Blue P620.. then it tells you to go to your local Indian dealer and they can order the paint for you... in other words the P620 is nothing but a part number... so yes you can get the paint.. but I have no idea the cost... but most body shops can match with a computer read of your paint.. it should match any fading you have... if you have any

·
Registered
317 Posts
I have a few custom pieces planning to purchase in the off season but they're gonna need painting. What is the norm for having things color matched? Can a body shop match the paint? Do I get it from Indian? What do others do? Thanks!
My Ride is 100% custom paint from front to back air brushed tank etc., A 'real' paint expert that knows what their doing can do perfect matches on any color paint option you may bring them. I've done a couple touch up jobs due to rock chips turned out perfectly and no one not myself or anyone will ever find those rock chip spots.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I paint in a collision shop for a living. Most bike colors are tri coat colors and the spectrometers will not match them. Its the second color that throws it off. We use Sikkens and can't (normally)even get bike colors. Colorite.com sells bike paint but its very expensive and the one time that I used it, didnt cover well.

·
Registered
452 Posts
if you go to their site it tells you how to get the paint code... the lead you on a trail for the "part" number like Brilliant Blue P620.. then it tells you to go to your local Indian dealer and they can order the paint for you... in other words the P620 is nothing but a part number... so yes you can get the paint.. but I have no idea the cost... but most body shops can match with a computer read of your paint.. it should match any fading you have... if you have any
if you are ever in need of paint for your chieftain sikens in water born has a color that matches the P620 great. it is one of the shades on the ford f 150 the numbers on the paint chip card is E41577 its called Blue/Violet and then at bottom of the chip card it says APR-14.
I have done speaker lids and a wide front fender and the color matches my bike great

·
Rider
968 Posts
I went to the local paint supplier called Premier Paints that supplies paint to body shops around me. They took a read off one of my plastic panels that I popped off and carried into the store. Had them mix up the paint in Dupont kromabase and matte clear. Took the paint home and painted the trunk and saddlebag lids myself. Matched perfectly!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts