Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had paint issues with the bags and lids on their chieftain? Washing mine yesterday and drying the paint chipped off at the inside rear lid.
Also witnessed another guy while at a dealership having his lower bags repainted due to faulty paint on the underside.

Feedback is greatly appreciated..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Washed my bike, paint came away down to the primer - Polaris won't warranty... I'm sad, my beautiful vintage :(

image.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would escalate your case.
I did escalate after my dealer had the claim dismissed, they apologized but there is nothing they could do. What's a guy supposed to do yell at the poor customer service girl? I'm just extremely disappointed with poor paint on the tank. I'm away working right now and the tank is getting painted so it will be ready when I get home. Summer is too short here in Alberta to wait for Polaris... What Polaris/Indian don't realize is that social media and forums carry alot of weight these days... I will never buy another one, which is sad because I love the bike... Happy riding and be safe everyone, peace

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would escalate your case.
I've had A lot of bikes guys and never ever have I seen paint come away like mine. I spoke to my paint guy earlier today and he told me that the remainder of the paint flaked off easily... He's never seen anything like it. Trying to keep calm and keep my blood pressure down lol.... Cheers for replying to my post

·
Registered
9 Posts
My bike is a 2014. Bought it at the Calgary bike show in January 2014 took delivery in March from HD Calgary who since no longer are an Indian dealer. So I went through cycle works Edmonton for the warranty claim, this is the reply from the dealer: who were great by the way....

Hello Stephen, our request for warranty coverage has initially been denied by the Indian service/warranty representative, here is their reply to us:

Added On: 4/16/2015 3:03 PM by jtthole
Technical Service has carefully reviewed this request for goodwill. Based on the information provided and the vehicle being too far beyond factory warranty, cosmetic issues are not covered under ESC, this repair cannot be approved for goodwill assistance. If you require any further information or would like to present new information, please reactivate this case or contact our Technical Service Team. >>>

Your only recourse now is to contact Indian consumer services and have them review the situation. Their contact number is 1-888-704-5290
I suggest making contact with them, make records of who you speak with, the dates and have your serial number ready, number is 56KCCVAA0E3312294
refer to the warranty request case file number C-3295562-D6N8D9

I believe it is worth pursuing as I have not seen paint flaking off like this before.
Be aware that the people you will initially be talking to are not technical staff, they are the front line staff that log the consumer calls but they have changed the system and your request can be elevated further up the chain and I have seen special circumstances get coverage.
Certainly worth pursuing.

So after escalating... They basically said sorry about your luck. Over $30k spent and I got a shitty paint job.

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
My bike is a 2014. Bought it at the Calgary bike show in January 2014 took delivery in March from HD Calgary who since no longer are an Indian dealer. So I went through cycle works Edmonton for the warranty claim, this is the reply from the dealer: who were great by the way....

Hello Stephen, our request for warranty coverage has initially been denied by the Indian service/warranty representative, here is their reply to us:

Added On: 4/16/2015 3:03 PM by jtthole
Technical Service has carefully reviewed this request for goodwill. Based on the information provided and the vehicle being too far beyond factory warranty, cosmetic issues are not covered under ESC, this repair cannot be approved for goodwill assistance. If you require any further information or would like to present new information, please reactivate this case or contact our Technical Service Team. >>>

Your only recourse now is to contact Indian consumer services and have them review the situation. Their contact number is 1-888-704-5290
I suggest making contact with them, make records of who you speak with, the dates and have your serial number ready, number is 56KCCVAA0E3312294
refer to the warranty request case file number C-3295562-D6N8D9

I believe it is worth pursuing as I have not seen paint flaking off like this before.
Be aware that the people you will initially be talking to are not technical staff, they are the front line staff that log the consumer calls but they have changed the system and your request can be elevated further up the chain and I have seen special circumstances get coverage.
Certainly worth pursuing.

So after escalating... They basically said sorry about your luck. Over $30k spent and I got a shitty paint job.
Does Canada have a lemon law for consumer protection?

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
That might be as simple as try going to a small claims court case. That is so obvious that a judge may just tell Polaris/Indian that, "yes," they are going to honor the warranty on your Indian.
After reading the letter that you got, if you can swing it, go after those sonsabitches. There is no excuse for that level of non service.

·
Registered
9 Posts
What did you use to remove the sticker???
That's how it all it all started - the BS sticker started to peel away... So with a wet sponge I tried to soften it up... Hey presto it took the paint, there is no way that paint was properly bonded to the tank... I'm shitting myself in case I get a rock chip somewhere else and the same happens. I'll post pics of my new tank paint job. Looking at other threads on this site seems to confirm that Indian might as well have used egg shells to cover the bike.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts