Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

What is the best match

• 1. Industrial grey denim

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Tribe,
I am looking into what HD paint schemes match to Indian ones. Specifically, I have a Titanium Smoke 2020 Chieftain and I am looking into ADVAN black trunks that will match my bike. I will call ADVAN to get their input also when they finish making an Indian specific detachable rack for 2 up seating. I want to get both the 1 up and 2 up racks so I can take a long ride solo and with the squaw.

The choices are:
1. Industrial grey denim

2. Silver Flux

3. River Rock Grey denim

My options are to get one painted to match perfectly but I am unsure of what that would cost. The trunk is $800 and I think silver flux matches the best but wanted your input on this. The HD rack is $160 (I assume the Indian one will be the same) and second question: will I need a Quick Release Kit for Saddlebags (Item # 2884045)?

Thanks, folks for the feedback

·
Registered
45 Posts
The indian quick release trunk mount is more like $400, I did something similar but I bought a harley tour pak and backrest unpainted then had it painted to match. There is a YouTube video comparing harley and advanblack and it was enough for me to go with harley. Plus if I ever sold the tour pak it will hold more value as genuine harley I guess. The tour pak was $600 for the tub and I scored a new backrest with a 1/4 inch tear off Ebay for $40 and then I repaired it myself.

·
Bronze member
3,468 Posts
that works... or Pro Pad makes a trunk for Indian now with the quick release... about 900 for non painted or 1250 painted... with Indian paint..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts