Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Rider
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been trying to get the chrome headlight bezel painted Indian Motorcycle Red on the Chieftain to match the fairing and rest of the bike. Finally decided I would just let the painter repaint the existing chromed part instead of buying a new part to paint.

The painter said all he needs is a
Polaris paint code P-639, and the Chieftain so he can match the fairing paint on the headlight bezel.

Would you Supply painter with
ColorRite Indian paint, reducer, and clear coat, or let painter supply paint?
I realize even using the ColorRight products that it won't be a perfect match, it never is. He say he can paint the part in a day for around $200 and get an extremely close match

·
Bronze member
1,830 Posts
that sounds like the best plan. If the color match is horrible, you can opt to have it re painted. If you supply the products, you assume most of the responsibility for the finished product. II have four friends that own body shops. Each is passionate about the paint manufacturer that they use. Product lines vary greatly in application, color etc. Some products in a paint line may be troublesome so the shop may go with a second vendor for clear coat etc. Some new product lines have had issues and the paint company had to pay to repaint.
Let the shop do their job.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
I agree. Let them supply the paint. It will alleviate any finger pointing later if something goes wrong.

·
Rider
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
1 - 5 of 5 Posts