Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Paint colors

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  pablo94 
#1 ·
I have a 2002 Gilroy Indian Cheif Deluxe in the Red and Black color scheme and and absolutely love it! In my opinion the prettiest stock bike made! Of course the tough part is finding parts! Cam anyone guide me to a reliable parts supplier? Also I've been trying to get a paint code and cannot find confirmation on which red my bike is,and the serial number does not confirm colors. I have it down to these 2 codes
Candy apple red DuPont color L2093HL
Solid red DuPont color code. M3351HL

But they do not seem to come up in Duponts paint codes when I search them. Any help would be appreciated!

#2 · (Edited)
Indian M
I have a 2002 Gilroy Indian Cheif Deluxe in the Red and Black color scheme and and absolutely love it! In my opinion the prettiest stock bike made! Of course the tough part is finding parts! Cam anyone guide me to a reliable parts supplier? Also I've been trying to get a paint code and cannot find confirmation on which red my bike is,and the serial number does not confirm colors. I have it down to these 2 codes

But they do not seem to come up in Duponts paint codes when I search them. Any help would be appreciated![/QUOTE
Indian Motorcycle Charlott, Jam Ltd, granbygarage.com and aardvark cycle are all good places for most things including information. Pablo94 also has excellent information.

#3 ·
Indian-moto parts, Mark. And Guy, at American-moto parts on ebay are good sources.

Indian Motorcycle Parts | Indian Parts, Indian Moto Parts, Chief, Scout, Spirit

Sometimes you have to add #1 to the paint #, but that was the early colors.

Here is a list of the Gilroy Paint Codes. There are others out there, but I think this once is complete and has the correct names of the colors from the factory and is the best organized. Now if we could only find the mix design to match them all we would really have something.

Enjoy,

J

Attachments

#4 ·

But they do not seem to come up in Duponts paint codes when I search them. Any help would be appreciated!
I believe the 02 Red and Black bike was the one you are calling Candy Apple Red, which they called Volcano Red Mettalic, but I could be off. Need a good picture of your bike in the sun. The Solid Red in 03 was the same paint code as you show, but they called it Red Rock.

From an 03 Brochure: I have attached the brochure from 03 for your reference:

Material property Wood Wood stain Plywood
e

Attachments

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.