Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Early joiner
235 Posts
...according to the manual the paint code is P-639...hope that helps. I ordered some touch up paint and clear coat from TouchUpDirect.com...perfect match!

·
Registered
34 Posts
...according to the manual the paint code is P-639...hope that helps. I ordered some touch up paint and clear coat from TouchUpDirect.com...perfect match!
Something chipped my saddlebag lid. I ordered some of this same touchup paint. I cannot get it to stick to the saddlebag lid. It is a perfect match but, I put it on and after it dries, you can wipe it right off. I got a primer pen and the results are the same. The paint wipes right off after it dries. I have just contacted Color Rite to see if they can match it. I got the primer from them and it adhered to the bag with no problem.

·
Limited Edition - Solid Red Roadmaster
3,516 Posts
Does anyone know what color primer would go under the Indian red?

·
3,516 Posts
I tried to paint RM tour pack speaker cover(s) with a can of paint purchased from APS Tower Paint Company, Spray Max, Aerosol Spray Paint, Custom Mixed Spray Paint and not sure if their paint is the problem, I have the wrong primer, or what the issues is....

first I just painted it with no primer, didn't look right,
then I primered it with grey primer and then the paint from APStower, still doesn't look right.
actually looks the same as before the primer.
RM Trunk Spkr Cover Painted Red.jpg

I know I could take it to a professional paint shop and pay several hundred dollars, but I would rather try to do this myself.
I already purchased a replacement cover if I decide to abort, but I am not ready to give up just yet...

Anyone have any input?

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
Indian Red - P-639 (This one was already provided by Scotty)
Thunder Black - P-266
Springfield Blue - P-640

Paint Source Link (Click on search below, put Indian in the search box on the website page.)

Search

·
3,516 Posts
Indian Red - P-639
Thunder Black - P-266
Springfield Blue - P-640

Paint Source Link (Click on search below, put Indian in the search box on the website page.)

Search
that is the code (P-639) I provided them

·
3,516 Posts
Indian Red - P-639 (This one was already provided by Scotty)
Thunder Black - P-266
Springfield Blue - P-640

Search

I emailed the supplier where I purchased the paint and informed them of the miss match issue.
I will keep your link as the next attempt. - thanks!!

not sure why 'thepainter" thought my post was funny

T

·
0 Posts
$ 27,000 for a bike and you use rattle can paint?....thats what struck me as funny!o_O

·
3,516 Posts
$ 27,000 for a bike and you use rattle can paint?....thats what struck me as funny!o_O
My post was concerning the color matching and you choose to make light of my inquiry based on my choice of not spend several hundred dollars on a paint sprayer and additional supplies to coat these speaker covers and then have to purchase a full pint of paint besides?

Seams rather wasteful to me when the dreaded shaker can can pretty much achieve that same results on this textured surface if the color is correctly matched.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts