Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Silver member
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow Riders,

I was interviewed about 18 months ago to talk about tech in bikes. I was not able to show you this video for awhile, but here it is my starring role.

It was a unique experience and sorta crazy, weird, and fun. Anyway, check it out here. This is where bike tech will likely go.

And it was funny, I am a simpleton and don't even have an R.C. bike. I like the hidden tech of the Springfield. I do make a foolish statement at 6:18, but don't hate on it. I just don't have that kind of screen plus the pressure of a starring role, :).

Enjoy,

J

·
Rider
435 Posts
Thanks for posting something positive & informative

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
That was certainly worth watching. I'm also on a Springfield so no Ride Command etc but when I'm riding with Indian friends they have a lot of trouble getting connected to their bikes and to each other and make it all work. An integrated and common system that allows different brands of Packtalk or Cardo etc to mesh easily seems like a good idea.

·
Bronze member
3,472 Posts
kinda cool that they didn't shy away from their (Indian & Polaris) history... your bike, Victory's all in the production..

Reactions: MilwDave

·
Registered
552 Posts
That was really cool. Thanks for sharing the video.

Phil

·
Premium Member
1,919 Posts
Fellow Riders,

I was interviewed about 18 months ago to talk about tech in bikes. I was not able to show you this video for awhile, but here it is my starring role.

It was a unique experience and sorta crazy, weird, and fun. Anyway, check it out here. This is where bike tech will likely go.

And it was funny, I am a simpleton and don't even have an R.C. bike. I like the hidden tech of the Springfield. I do make a foolish statement at 6:18, but don't hate on it. I just don't have that kind of screen plus the pressure of a starring role, :).

Enjoy,

J

I was so awed, I forgot to look for your gaff.

·
Silver member
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
It's funny, I kept telling the video production guys that I should sit on the Springfield since that was a bike made by Polaris, but they like the two-tone paint contrast on my Gilroy Indian Spirit. So I was worried for them, but I understand the presentation was well received either way.

And a few months later, when I was down at Arlen Ness' memorial I got to meet Steve Menneto. And he says, " you look somewhat familiar, have we met before?" I was like. No, but I was the guy in that Harmon Kardin promotional presentation video."

We had a good laugh over that one...

·
Premium Member
1,919 Posts
It's funny, I kept telling the video production guys that I should sit on the Springfield since that was a bike made by Polaris, but they like the two-tone paint contrast on my Gilroy Indian Spirit. So I was worried for them, but I understand the presentation was well received either way.

And a few months later, when I was down at Arlen Ness' memorial I got to meet Steve Menneto. And he says, " you look somewhat familiar, have we met before?" I was like. No, but I was the guy in that Harmon Kardin promotional presentation video."

We had a good laugh over that one...
I was going to share the video but can't. Do you know how, or even if it is sharable?

·
Silver member
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Reactions: Wharf Rat

·
Premium Member
1,919 Posts
I saw your Gilley in the background and kind of wondered how it got in the script. :unsure:👍

1 - 14 of 14 Posts