Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Hand made leather back pack, bone buttons, special designs, special pockets inside. Very old lady at the estate sale said her dad made it for her. She said shyly I have to get 20$, I smiled and said I will be honored to have it. I told her it was to be my new luggage for my Indian, she said her Dad would have been proud. Kind of choked me up.
I am a firm believer just because it's old doesn't mean it's not useful.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I believe that I would have told her that there was no way that I could spend $20 for that backpack, and then handed her a $50!

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe that I would have told her that there was no way that I could spend $20 for that backpack, and then handed her a $50!
Didn't look as good as it does now. Fiebing oil die, 1/3 can Fiebing wax, & two hours of rubbing, heating, polishing. Don't think you understand estate sales or should we change your name to Daddy warbucks:D

·
Registered
299 Posts
Didn't look as good as it does now. Fiebing oil die, 1/3 can Fiebing wax, & two hours of rubbing, heating, polishing. Don't think you understand estate sales or should we change your name to Daddy warbucks:D
LOL... there is something to be said for the shock factor of helping someone out in an estate sale... they are used to everyone trying to talk them down on price.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
View attachment 6006 View attachment 6007 View attachment 6008
Hand made leather back pack, bone buttons, special designs, special pockets inside. Very old lady at the estate sale said her dad made it for her. She said shyly I have to get 20$, I smiled and said I will be honored to have it. I told her it was to be my new luggage for my Indian, she said her Dad would have been proud. Kind of choked me up.
A beautiful piece of folk art.

·
Registered
716 Posts
That's similar to what I want to find, or make for my vintage. I'm thinking a bag that works on my luggage rack and qualifies as a carry on for a plane.
Thanks for the pics, that's a very cool piece.

·
Founding member
1,522 Posts
Great find Caveman. I'm thinking you should just keep that safe and secure and get something else for daily use.

·
Banned
7,192 Posts
View attachment 6006 View attachment 6007 View attachment 6008
Congratulations Caveman! That's a beautiful piece!

·
Registered
123 Posts
What a great find! It will always remind you of the conversation you had when you purchased it and give you many more conversations and smiles from people who admire it. Way better than a new canvas travel bag.

·
Registered
206 Posts
TeePee?!? What kind of TP??

How you gonna carry the polls on your bike.. Or are you Just gonna set it up in your back yard? :eek:

View attachment 6028
That's a brilliant idea. Put your Indian right in the tent with you, start it up, and curl up next to that big Thunderstroke 111. Of course you'll have to ride a wheelie to get the bike out of there without trashing the teepee...

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
TeePee?!? What kind of TP??How you gonna carry the polls on your bike.. Or are you Just gonna set it up in your back yard? :eek:]
That's the one! Read a review from couple bikers stating they ride with this. If I was riding straight to Sturgis or other venue this is perfect. When I ride around the country I have a compact back pack tent for that. Only 14 pounds. 2ft wide packed.

·
Banned
7,192 Posts
That's the one! Read a review from couple bikers stating they ride with this. If I was riding straight to Sturgis or other venue this is perfect. When I ride around the country I have a compact back pack tent for that. Only 14 pounds. 2ft wide packed.
Looks cool Caveman..

My first thought was a traditional TeePee... You know 15 foot wood poles..
Then I googled that pick!! Looks cool.. Or warm:)

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks cool Caveman..
My first thought was a traditional TeePee... You know 15 foot wood poles..
Then I googled that pick!! Looks cool.. Or warm:)
The stove is not a norm with this tent, not even set up for it. They took out the window in that pic. I will let you know how well it works

·
Banned
7,192 Posts
image.jpg
The stove is not a norm with this tent, not even set up for it. They took out the window in that pic. I will let you know how well it works
Oh yea.. I wanna know.. My wife and I
have some, what I call organic friends.

They built a traditional Teepee in their back yard and lived/ slept in it for a year.

image.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Caveman Ken -got a URL for that TeePee?
No URL, but goggle Guide Gear teepee and you will found it.
On E-bay type in teepee and you will see it. Good reviews & bad. But I will take the chance & the spray with water seal. May even make other rain fly to cover whole thing.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts