Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gorgeous day here in N. Texas, out for a ride. If anyone in the DFW area wants to stop for beer, cigars, or whiskey later on, we have a stocked fridge. 135 Pittsburg St over in the Trinity Riverfront (Design Center). Later y'all!

image.jpg

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey Meggie, Check out the flamboyant riding gloves! I'd surely take you up on the generous hospitality offer...had I taken delivery on my promised red'un. All I get is a nice apology from the factory for the delivery fiasco and a $200 coupon for some apparel!

Rain check please; Maybe we can someday put together some like-minded Scout owners for a little regional SXSW gathering. I'm thinking Ruidoso area this fall. Of course we'll all have our rides by then!

·
Registered
672 Posts
Hey Meggie, Check out the flamboyant riding gloves! I'd surely take you up on the generous hospitality offer...had I taken delivery on my promised red'un. All I get is a nice apology from the factory for the delivery fiasco and a $200 coupon for some apparel!

Rain check please; Maybe we can someday put together some like-minded Scout owners for a little regional SXSW gathering. I'm thinking Ruidoso area this fall. Of course we'll all have our rides by then!
If you hold your breath till you turn blue. What's the next step? Every time I wake up, I forget what the hell I was doing.

·
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

You're on! My husband is doing a charity ride in October, and the second stop is in Tubac. As details emerge, I'll ask NickJ to help me post these. These gloves are awesome! Keeping up with my chola alter ego.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Gorgeous day here in N. Texas, out for a ride. If anyone in the DFW area wants to stop for beer, cigars, or whiskey later on, we have a stocked fridge. 135 Pittsburg St over in the Trinity Riverfront (Design Center). Later y'all!

View attachment 5234
Question for you; I'm interested in the San Diego Custom mini-floorboards I believe you had considered a few weeks back. Do you know if they will fit as is, or will a clevise mount refitting be required. As were on the subject did you finally decide which way you are going with pegs/boards?

·
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Question for you; I'm interested in the San Diego Custom mini-floorboards I believe you had considered a few weeks back. Do you know if they will fit as is, or will a clevise mount refitting be required. As were on the subject did you finally decide which way you are going with pegs/boards?
I don't know Brian. The Rizomas didn't work out, neither did the Biltwell Mushmans. I have some offroad pegs in a box somewhere and I'll try those next. I still like this miniboards, so if the others don't work I might try SDC.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I don't know Brian. The Rizomas didn't work out, neither did the Biltwell Mushmans. I have some offroad pegs in a box somewhere and I'll try those next. I still like this miniboards, so if the others don't work I might try SDC.
Well I've decided to take a ride to San Diego this Tue for the 500 mile service, so happens SDC is 3 miles down the road and so I'll see what can be done. If things click I'll post w/photos.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Meggie - have a beer for me - we are out on the lake skating and ice boating today. 17 degrees and sunny. Almost tempted to start the Scout.

·
Registered
25 Posts
hey Meggie, i agree, it was a great day for a ride here in DFW. we wandered over to Cleaburne and did the Chaf Inn for some breakfast and then meandered to Target Time for some range time. Awesome day. noticed that you put the stock mirrors with extensions (?) back on your Scout.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I love your gloves never seen anything like those around Colorado or Arizona will have to check them out. As for the helmet I also wear an HJC as they fit my head shape the best. From the pictures this one looks pretty close on the red - if you don't mind me asking what model is it? Hope sometime late spring early summer we can ride your direction and check out some new sights as we are getting to know the AZ roads a little better. Want to head down to Bisbee and that area and check out the sights.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Had an Awesome ride in Jackson, Miss. this afternoon! Went up the Natchez Trace and stopped at an overlook above the reservoir. Lots of bikes and Everybody flocked around the Scout! Even the serious HD people love this bike Looking forward to another beautiful ride tomorrow.

·
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hey Meggie, i agree, it was a great day for a ride here in DFW. we wandered over to Cleaburne and did the Chaf Inn for some breakfast and then meandered to Target Time for some range time. Awesome day. noticed that you put the stock mirrors with extensions (?) back on your Scout.
Hi Dale! Yes, changed the mirros back this morning, I didn't like how the other ones stuck up. I was reminded why they came off the Ducati in the first place...

·
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I love your gloves never seen anything like those around Colorado or Arizona will have to check them out. As for the helmet I also wear an HJC as they fit my head shape the best. From the pictures this one looks pretty close on the red - if you don't mind me asking what model is it? Hope sometime late spring early summer we can ride your direction and check out some new sights as we are getting to know the AZ roads a little better. Want to head down to Bisbee and that area and check out the sights.
Cindy, got them from Grifter. Order a size up, they run tiny. My husband will be coming your way for a charity ride in October, but we might head out that way in April for a trial run and we'll look you up.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I didn't like how the other ones stuck up. I was reminded why they came off the Ducati in the first place...
yeah, understand that; especially considering how low the stock mirrors sit (at least on my Chief anyways). At first, mine looked goofy and took awhile to get used to. now, i really like them: gives it the "classic" look i wanted.

·
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
As for the helmet I also wear an HJC as they fit my head shape the best. From the pictures this one looks pretty close on the red - if you don't mind me asking what model is it?
Cindy, forgot to address the helmet question. Love the HjC, but it's old and I don't remember the model. Got a Biltwell headed this way next week or two.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts