Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we know Indians engine facility is in my state of Wisconsin's town of Osceola. We have 2 reported cases of COVID 19. On the news this morning is the beginning of school shut downs and urging of self quarantine In that town due to one of the cases being there. Let's hope for the best and that it doesn't worsen And hope it doesn't effect Indian this time as bad as other invasive pathogens have in the past. (Two soon?) anyways. I thought I'd report what could effect us all even if we don't get a fever.
Cheers.

·
Administrator
15,372 Posts
It’ll be interesting to see what the impact will be on our riding season. This could be one of the down-the-road ripples for future buyers.

·
Bronze member
2,202 Posts
Apple, Nikon and other corps have already posted delays in production and future releases. 2-3 months they say. Just a matter of time before HD, Indian and other bike companies run low or out of parts and it begins to effect production big time. Anyone own a Ferrari or Ducati? The whole country of Italy is on lock down. Good luck with parts for that.

·
Rider
815 Posts
Dang- I was gonna go for a scoot.
I have a 16 Chief. Will this affect my bike?
Just wear a mask?

TIA

·
Banned
4,926 Posts
I was surprised, no, more like shocked, to hear that much of our pharmacuticals and prescription meds including most of our generic meds come from China. Most basics like generic blood pressure and cholesterol drugs are supplied to the US by China, it's fk'n crazy. That shits gotta end. Hopefully there's a silver lining to this China virus thing, might make US citizens more aware and put pressure on our politicians to move things back here, where they should be.

·
Super Moderator
4,887 Posts
As we know Indians engine facility is in my state of Wisconsin's town of Osceola. We have 2 reported cases of COVID 19. On the news this morning is the beginning of school shut downs and urging of self quarantine In that town due to one of the cases being there. Let's hope for the best and that it doesn't worsen And hope it doesn't effect Indian this time as bad as other invasive pathogens have in the past. (Two soon?) anyways. I thought I'd report what could effect us all even if we don't get a fever.
Cheers.
Are you saying the engine plant in Osceola has shut down?

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are you saying the engine plant in Osceola has shut down?

No. At least not yet. I'm just drawing attention to the fact that that community is effected.
that other institutions in it are shutting down because of it and that it may become something that effects us in ways that are not as obvious.
That's a very small town. very small things can make big waves in a small pond...

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My biggest fear is a toilet paper shortage due to hoarding!!! What’s the alternative method vs having no toilet paper??? I bet it’s a real $h1tty situation to be in.
Hahaha!
I'm not worried about TP. I'm not an animal. I haven't used that in 10yrs except at work.. I'm no longer a heathen with out a Bidet..
Make fun of me all Ya want it's life changing..

·
Rider
435 Posts
COVID 19 spreading how many people are going put off their summer motorcycle trip in the USA ( big trip like Mexico & Alaska etc). Do you plan your trip around cities affected by it ? Covid-19 seem like this Spanish flu of 1918 v2.0 or SARS 2.0 . Mortality rate of 01% pretty low consider only reliable data from South Korea they would class health care system that available all. We will have wait see what number are for US but when you can't even get test kit number are going skew.

Reactions: Hatt

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
COVID 19 spreading how many people are going put off their summer motorcycle trip in the USA ( big trip like Mexico & Alaska etc). Do you plan your trip around cities affected by it ? Covid-19 seem like this Spanish flu of 1918 v2.0 or SARS 2.0 . Mortality rate of 01% pretty low consider only reliable data from South Korea they would class health care system that available all. We will have wait see what number are for US but when you can't even get test kit number are going skew.
With respect, I must point attention to one comparison going around I find very disingenuous. And for the press to promote it, I find quite disturbing regardless of it being from malicious intent or ignorance.
The comparison to 1918 Spanish flu.
Why do I take issue?
No antibiotics.
Minimal knowledge of germ science, quarantine and treatment.
What ever knowledge they DID have took much longer to administer since there were nearly few motorized vehicles, and even fewer roads.
The world's infrastructure was in shambles from the war.
Dead bodies every where.
Pink fog from blood soaked lands.
Dead animals everywhere.
Clean water was a hard find.
Stagnant dirty water at a surplus.
Food was a hard find.
Starvation was a surplus.
Malnutrition was the status quo.
Wild animal birth surges from surplus of food, Feeding on all the rot created by the war.
Humans living in broken down cities along with these animals and all those issue's on every continent but one.
And allllllllll the things branching of those things I listed from the top of my head.

So, to compare to ANYTHING we have seen in our lives to the 1918 flu is just not applicable.. and straight up wrong.

·
Bronze member
2,244 Posts
With respect, I must point attention to one comparison going around I find very disingenuous.
So, to compare to ANYTHING we have seen in our lives to the 1918 flu is just not applicable.. and straight up wrong.
Kinda maybe. But the things they didn't have that caused their widespread issue is balanced by the fact that this virus spread all around the world in about 2 months due to international travel.

The 1918 flu supposedly had a 2% fatality rate due to the points you brought up. But right now this new virus is looking to be in the 3-4% range. The fatalities really skew towards the higher age range and so it is good that none of us are over 40 :D.

I got a normal type flu about 2 years ago and it took me 6 weeks to get back up to speed. When you are self-employed that's a pretty hard knock income-wise.

I had the same (or very closely similar) flu a year before (same symptoms and then you felt better after about 4 days, went back to work, then got hammered big time for weeks).

2 friends of mine got it the same night while at a movie and 1 died 7 days later. He was slightly underweight and 2 of the symptoms were absolutely zero appetite and just dog dog tired. He just slept for days and never ate anything. The coroners report said his body started eating his heart as there was no fat to burn.

So, being on the cautious side won’t hurt you.

Reactions: Hatt

·
Bronze member
2,788 Posts
Is no one noticing the links between 5G & Corona?
...seriously..am I just seeing all this?

-5G tested in Wuhan..Corona first appears in Wuhan..both just happen to be early Feb..

-Go on cellmapper(dot)net, look where 5G has rolled out. Now look at the reported cases of Corona are..

-5G is broadcast @ 60hz which is absorbed by oxygen & interferes with the ability to be absorbed by hemoglobin in your body causing hypoxemia. Symptoms of hypoxemia are the same as the symptoms of Coronavirus.

-Trump, Bill Gates, & quite a few other notables recently moved to Palm Beach Florida. What's in PB Florida..5G is banned from PB, Florida.

What's with this Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute filed to patent the Coronavirus.

Wtf?

Coronavirus found on cruise ships but they were all were Princess Cruise Lines. In early February, they all installed 5G technology..but that's just another coincidence..?

What I've gathered is
Corona is the field around high voltage electricity. It is the breach of the Corona Field that is the basis of lighting.

Corona (radiation) kills most high voltage electricians by the time they are 55yrs old.

Corona severely damages reproductive cells in the liver
Corona causes sterility, miscarriage, infertility

Corona is an EMF that is generated close to high voltage power transmission

WHO issued a statement that claimed corona attacks the central nervous system..umm..flu's don't act in that way..

And what's with this.."Doctors, Experts Call for delaying Deployment of 5G due to Health Risks.."

I'm no fan of this guy ..but..
"Blumenthal criticizes the FCC & FDA for inadequate answers on outstanding public health questions
Wireless carriers concede they are not aware of any independent scientific studies on safety of 5G technologies

Not trying to be one of those CT's but something is up..hell maybe I am gettin a bit conspiratorial, lol.

For the last 4 years people on all sides saying "don't trust the news" but now..trust the news..WTF? Lol

·
Senior member / gold
6,951 Posts
Is no one noticing the links between 5G & Corona?
...seriously..am I just seeing all this?

-5G tested in Wuhan..Corona first appears in Wuhan..both just happen to be early Feb..

-Go on cellmapper(dot)net, look where 5G has rolled out. Now look at the reported cases of Corona are..

-5G is broadcast @ 60hz which is absorbed by oxygen & interferes with the ability to be absorbed by hemoglobin in your body causing hypoxemia. Symptoms of hypoxemia are the same as the symptoms of Coronavirus.

-Trump, Bill Gates, & quite a few other notables recently moved to Palm Beach Florida. What's in PB Florida..5G is banned from PB, Florida.

What's with this Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute filed to patent the Coronavirus.

Wtf?

Coronavirus found on cruise ships but they were all were Princess Cruise Lines. In early February, they all installed 5G technology..but that's just another coincidence..?

What I've gathered is
Corona is the field around high voltage electricity. It is the breach of the Corona Field that is the basis of lighting.

Corona (radiation) kills most high voltage electricians by the time they are 55yrs old.

Corona severely damages reproductive cells in the liver
Corona causes sterility, miscarriage, infertility

Corona is an EMF that is generated close to high voltage power transmission

WHO issued a statement that claimed corona attacks the central nervous system..umm..flu's don't act in that way..

And what's with this.."Doctors, Experts Call for delaying Deployment of 5G due to Health Risks.."

I'm no fan of this guy ..but..
"Blumenthal criticizes the FCC & FDA for inadequate answers on outstanding public health questions
Wireless carriers concede they are not aware of any independent scientific studies on safety of 5G technologies

Not trying to be one of those CT's but something is up..hell maybe I am gettin a bit conspiratorial, lol.

For the last 4 years people on all sides saying "don't trust the news" but now..trust the news..WTF? Lol
I'm in Palm Beach County... about 25 miles from Trump's palace. We're all 5G down here. Should I break out my aluminium foil hat now? Lol!

·
Bronze member
2,788 Posts
I'm in Palm Beach County... about 25 miles from Trump's palace. We're all 5G down here. Should I break out my aluminium foil hat now? Lol!
Then what's with that paper I wonder?
Oh, so you are 25 miles from PB, not actually in it..?

Reactions: Chief Signguru
1 - 20 of 72 Posts